Any artists here?

Options

Replies

• nimskit
    nimskit Posts: 1
    Options
    I paint, write, draw, sketch, do bad poetry :) Like most, won some stuff in youth, but life does tend to get in the way =)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a contemporary dancer and I do movement theatre and movement comedy as well. I have also done costume/sound/lighting design. I used to do visual arts just for fun also.

My husband is an experimental physicist working as the principle designer in developing alternative energy, he creates and builds. He also is a good painter and sculptor and makes life size puppets and can juggle and ride a unicycle. He has also worked on set design, sculpture and costume/puppets for his own theatre pieces as well as for other people's dance and theatre.

So, we have all kinds of art going on over here.

Nice to meet you! :flowerforyou:
  • CircadianBliss
    CircadianBliss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Photography, writing, and mixed media journaling.
    I love everything creative.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm an illustrator, and am working on a novel.
  • th3lastunicorn
    Options
    I'm an illustrator, and am working on a novel.

Awesome. I always have a huge respect for illustrators. They are just really disciplined in a way that is hard for me. But that's awesome. I hope your novel is a huge success :)
    Photography, writing, and mixed media journaling.
    I love everything creative.

Photography is a really hard field these days. I applaud for you!
    Hello, I am a contemporary dancer and I do movement theatre and movement comedy as well. I have also done costume/sound/lighting design. I used to do visual arts just for fun also.

My husband is an experimental physicist working as the principle designer in developing alternative energy, he creates and builds. He also is a good painter and sculptor and makes life size puppets and can juggle and ride a unicycle. He has also worked on set design, sculpture and costume/puppets for his own theatre pieces as well as for other people's dance and theatre.

So, we have all kinds of art going on over here.

Nice to meet you! flowerforyou

Wow! That's amazing. That sounds like so much fun though. nice to meet you too!
    I paint, write, draw, sketch, do bad poetry :) Like most, won some stuff in youth, but life does tend to get in the way =)

Instead of letting life get in the way of your art let it become a part of your art! Always make a little art whenever you can. Even if it means sketching and never making anything out of it.
    I paint, draw anime, and sometimes do pottery. ^_^ Pleased to meet ya.

I always go to art classes and teach some too. Would love to have you as a friend!

Pleased to meet you too! I always love meeting a fellow painter.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm studying to be a Silversmith :love:
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    I am a singer/songwriter and am on a mission to lose weight. I actually have lost a lot of weight already since I started in August and it is a struggle but it leaves such a great feelign of accomplishment to have been able to be successful at something in life you know. Not for the stage but for my health. Not for other people's perception but for my own. Not becaus eof comments of how big I was but to be able to live another minute, hour, day, month, year, decade and more if that is possible. You are a performing artist in training. Wonderful. I love it! Keep at it. You have all it takes so don;'t lose yoru ground.
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm a musician/songwriter and love to paint in my free time. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • th3lastunicorn
    Options
    I'm studying to be a Silversmith :love:

Whoa. That's awesome! Not a lot of people peruse that material in art a lot.
    am a singer/songwriter and am on a mission to lose weight. I actually have lost a lot of weight already since I started in August and it is a struggle but it leaves such a great feelign of accomplishment to have been able to be successful at something in life you know. Not for the stage but for my health. Not for other people's perception but for my own. Not becaus eof comments of how big I was but to be able to live another minute, hour, day, month, year, decade and more if that is possible. You are a performing artist in training. Wonderful. I love it! Keep at it. You have all it takes so don;'t lose yoru ground.

Thank you! That's was very nice. I love it. And congratulations on your continuing journey of course.
  • ianvanschepen
    ianvanschepen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a nature/fine art photographer, as well as a graphic designer... anyone can feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • th3lastunicorn
    Options
    I'm a musician/songwriter and love to paint in my free time. Anyone feel free to add me :)

Thank you. I wish I could be musically inclined. D:
  • qhayleys88
    Options
    I go to an art college in Maine and I am studying 3D modeling and video game design.
  • th3lastunicorn
    Options
    I am a nature/fine art photographer, as well as a graphic designer, feel free to add me! :)

Oh sweet. Are you a photographer by commissions solely or do you do it on your free time and artistic feelings? And thank you! :D
  • th3lastunicorn
    Options
    I go to an art college in Maine and I am studying 3D modeling and video game design.

Oh wow, is Maine as beautiful as I hear it is? And you have a great career going for you since that industry is just booming right now.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'm a dancer, photographer, I draw, and I'm learning to paint. I've also been a jewelry designer. Feel free to add me.

P.S. I love to talk about art. My husband is a photographer.
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I draw,paint, compose music,and do photography never went to school for art though
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am also in art school and in my early twenties. I am a filmmaker - but I have the most training in a traditional fine arts background. I'll add you!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I`m an artist!

I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts 2 years ago. I love all kinds of different media... acrylic, watercolour, charcoal. I`m also a graphic designer and video game artist... so I use lots of Illustrator and Photoshop as well. I also paint on children`s faces... I`m a professional face painter.

I`m a busy busy artsy lady. Feel free to add me, fellow artistes! :)
  • th3lastunicorn
    Options
    I'm a dancer, photographer, I draw, and I'm learning to paint. I've also been a jewelry designer. Feel free to add me.

Awesome! Do you not do jewelry anymore? Learning to paint is the most exciting thing ever, I hope you find it amazing!
    I draw,paint, compose music,and do photography never went to school for art though

Going to school for it doesn't make the artist. It's all about the art itself. It's nice too see you do a lot of things too. :)
  • th3lastunicorn
    Options
    I am also in art school and in my early twenties. I am a filmmaker - but I have the most training in a traditional fine arts background. I'll add you!

I added you back! :D Wow, a filmmaker. I love doing performance art and was involved in a lot of films fellow artists make. That's awesome to hear.
    I`m an artist!

I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts 2 years ago. I love all kinds of different media... acrylic, watercolour, charcoal. I`m also a graphic designer and video game artist... so I use lots of Illustrator and Photoshop as well. I also paint on children`s faces... I`m a professional face painter.

I`m a busy busy artsy lady. Feel free to add me, fellow artistes! :)

Wow! I'm an oil paint kind of girl. You are into a lot of things, that is so much fun!