Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Amateur sketcher and pianist :smile:
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hey I decided at the last minute to switch from studying art/illustration at university, to doing English literature - as it opens more doors for me. I paint everyday, currenltly using watercolours as I am backpacking and it is easy to carry around.

I also hope to write too - I am planning on breaking into journalism in London when I'm finished my backpacking in Australia - I intend on practising illustration and trying to work on a freelance basis alongside a full time job.

One day I hope to write a novel!

Feel free to add me.

I have started a blog waterculla.tumblr.com which is mostly where I reblog or post interesting or inspirational paintings done by others.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm a classically trained singer and a stage actress. I used to perform as a disability advocate for a theater company I worked with. People will pay surprisingly good money to have a half-deaf girl come and sing for them!

I've also dabbled with and studied visuals arts here and there, and I like to spill colors on myself and look pretty.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I draw, paint, write novels, and play instruments (guitar and keyboards) in my spare time. I've taken some classes in school for it, but my degrees are science related instead. :flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am a wedding and portrait photographer.
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Right-brained over here!

I grew up being a drawer/painter and was certain I would go to art school and have galleries and sell paintings and change my name to Picasso. Then when I was a teen I found out what lipstick and eyeliner was, and that changed everything. Sketching took a backseat and I started practicing with makeup. Now I am a makeup artist for a popular cosmetics line. I also loved (and still love) to sing, I even got up the courage to help my friend out who is getting his degree in audio recording technology, and sang a few songs for him for school projects. My mom still always tell me I should try out for American Idol (no thanks). For now my only audience is my shower and my steering wheel. When I was 16 I was in an awful car accident that left me in a wheelchair for 4 months. Once I started learning how to walk again I was 98 lbs, rail-thin, anemic, had no muscle and was seriously out of shape. I slowly gained my health back through physical therapy, but I still felt terrible. Me being the creative thinker I am, I was not interested in going to the gym, I wanted to do something different and FUN! My friend and I had joked for a while about pole dancing and always said that we wanted to try a class. I found a studio by my house that teaches classes and was instantly hooked. I was unsure what to expect out of it, but never did I ever realize how beautiful of an artform it could be when done right. I never was a dancer, or even an athletic person in general, always the dumb clumsy girl that can't kick a ball and am always stumbling over my own 2 feet. Fast forward to 2 years later, and 4 years since my accident, I am in the best shape I ever have been in my life, pole dancing opened my eyes to so many different forms of performance art and gave me a passion I never had before, the art of movement. Specifically in aerial arts. I now study and train on aerial silks/tissu, hammock, hoop, pole, and trapeze. I am always looking for new things to inspire me and try something new!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    People, do a search for "Gourd Art Enthusiasts", run by Bonnie Gibson. Prepare to have your minds blown. Gourd art is hot, evolving far, far beyond birdhouses, Santas and vessels. Anything you can possibly do in an art and craft field can be done on/with gourds, except working on a flat surface. It's creative as hell and enlessly fascinating because there are no boundaries. Barbara Ward, "Gordonville Gourdworks"
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Carrissar; Absolutely fascinating. Thank you.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm a Graphic designer and sometimes do oil pastel portraits.
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am a cartographer - fully dimentional :glasses:
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I make jewelry, that's my main creative vice! :D
  • zaybaby
    zaybaby Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm going to school as an art major and have been doing different forms of art all my life. I mostly draw but I experiment with other things as well (:
  • ianvanschepen
    ianvanschepen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a gourd artist, fiberartist, painter, beadwork, custom designer and builder of Arabian native costumes for horse and rider from the saddle tree up, sewing, et various cetera. You can see my rather unexpected gourd work at "Gordonville Gourdworks" Facebook page .Sorry, but I don't know how to post photos on the forums. This is a fantastic thread idea. Those who can post pictures, please show us your work!
    That's awesome. Gourd art, is that like a big community of artist that do that? It's sound awesome.

And yes, that would be awesome to see peoples art! :D

I don't think its possible to post photos on this thread, but here is some of
    my work - Enjoy!
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/SetApartPhotography
    http://www.setapartphoto.com
  • xvegivorex
    Options
    im a writer, poet, photographer, painter, drawer, sculptor, crafter, scrapbooker, collage artist, collector…

x
    Sari
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I draw and write
  • lmfujishima
    lmfujishima Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I graduated from an art school and am currently a 3d artist. My goal is to be a video game character artist. I love 2d art as well. And I second people posting pictures of their artwork, or linking to their writing, etc!

Feel free to add me anyone =]
  • EmilieTorres
    EmilieTorres Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a Medical Illustrator and fiber arts hobbyist :)
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Also an artist! I'm a jack of many trades. Went to school for 3D art (Masters in Visualization [Animation]) and currently working in stained glass while trying to get a job in my field. I do any art I can get my hands on from 3D to traditional to physical mediums like stained glass and jewelry.

Feel free to add me anyone!
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    I am a potter

First though that came to my head when I readed that: Potter. Harry Potter
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm a musician.. a flutist :) I have a B.Mus and I teach and perform