Awesome Stuffed Peppers

Options

Replies

• kaiko724
    kaiko724 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used your recipe and changed it up some look up Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers. more or less the same but made with ground turkey, I dont know if I calculated the info right as Mine end up at 475 with out the eggs and beef.
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i bet you could sub minced cauliflower for the brown rice for low carb. That would bring it down to 3 grams of carbs per serving.
  • katiebird1111
    Options
    Sounds awesome! On the menu for sure thisweek!!!!
    bump
  • stlkat1957
    Options
    i do about the same recipe, but use egg whites; turkey sausage; fresh spinach and TVP (total vegetable protein) instead of rice. i use 1/2 can of tomato soup sweetened with stevia and pour over the stuffed peppers. i haven't worked up the nutrition facts on it yet, but I bet its really low calorie, carb, sodium and high protein. i am going to try my recipe tomorrow and something new by serving it on a bed of lettuce.
  • champagndrea
    champagndrea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!!

Thanks for sharing this. :flowerforyou:
    I love stuffed peppers, but I'm always afraid to eat them because I'm not really sure what went into it. Haha
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    making this tomorrow in the crock pot!!! yummm! I never have made it with egg and mushroom though. I am sure its just as delish!
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    yummy!
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Save for later
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Bumping again lol
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    i do about the same recipe, but use egg whites; turkey sausage; fresh spinach and TVP (total vegetable protein) instead of rice. i use 1/2 can of tomato soup sweetened with stevia and pour over the stuffed peppers. i haven't worked up the nutrition facts on it yet, but I bet its really low calorie, carb, sodium and high protein. i am going to try my recipe tomorrow and something new by serving it on a bed of lettuce.

TVP means textured vegetable protein not total.. not that it make much difference I guess ;)

This does sound great, haven't made something like this in a while. Another option would be to use quinoa instead of rice to boost protein too. Thanks OP!
  • Ellienana
    Ellienana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jdraugho
    jdraugho Posts: 5
    Options
    Very nice! Will try it out!