What kind of exercise do you engage in?

Options
Hi I'm new here.. just curious for those of you who exercise/work out... what kind of workouts do u do and for how long???

Replies

• bjemar5
    bjemar5 Posts: 61
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of cardio so I run alot either around town or at the gym on a treadmill(usually between 4 and 8 miles). I'm also doing Insanity(2nd week starts today) which is usually between 40mins to an hour.
  • jerman01
    jerman01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of elliptical and treadmill. I would do an hour and a half to two hours. But my wife thinks it's too much.

It took me 9 months to lose 70 lbs. I believe that I need to exercise a lot so that I never get fat again.

2010-12-19_13-31-06_624.jpg

DSCN0202.jpg
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Table pushaways and fork putdowns for weight management.

Deadlifts, squats, cleans, presses, rows for strength.

Burpees, sprinting, rowing intervals, and box jumps for conditioning.

Foam rolling and static stretching for mobility.

One hour each day.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    running,cycling,swimming(my favorite), strength training, stretching exercise and aerobics...

i do all the above daily
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    The kind that I do at 1 AM

Think about it..
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Tennis, Racquetball, Swimming, Walking, Hiking and various gym.
  • MissDennisse
    Options
    woah that's great not just to not be fat again but for the health benefits that come with being fit!
  • MissDennisse
    Options
    Hows insanity going so far for you? I did that last year.. but only for a month.... I injured my back so I had to stop... I so regret it.. I actually lost ten lbs in just that month!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I workout 5xs a week at a small, local gym.
    We work in a small group with a personal trainer and we do fun, not typical workouts ... something different everyday.
    From throwing a weighted medicine ball around (& the one catching it, if they drop it we have to run to the other end of the parking lot and back ... about 1/16th of a mile) and come back and rejoin the group.
    We do strength training, TRX, ropes, stretch bands, our own body weight, free weights, leg press machines, balance balls, jump rope, and some other things I can not remember right now.

The key, imho, is to find what you like, that is fun, and keeps you going back for more.

Welcome and enjoy the journey to a healthier you. :happy:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    During the week I alternate intervals (HIIT) on the treadmill with heavy lifting. On the weekends I do long-distance cross-country trail runs. Hiking and backpacking also happen when I get the chance - if that counts. I must add that heavy lifting has improved both my race pace AND my backpacking stamina/endurance. I recommend it.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!! =) Most of them are from 15 to 55 minutes....it depends on which one you do...
  • bjemar5
    bjemar5 Posts: 61
    Options
    I love insanity, this is my second go around. It kicks your *kitten* but sticking with it gives great results, some days I do doubles with a p90 work out. Its just week two and I've already lost 4 lbs(the healthy way) so I' happy
  • xvegivorex
    Options
    slow-paced walking, recumbent stationary biking, light calisthenics or weight lifting…but nothing in the past 7 days or so (too much knee, back and foot pain…) D':