Why no calories for strength training?

skara
skara Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
This is my first time using this site. I entered my cardio exercise and it told me how many calories I burned. According to the machine I used, the site overestimated it by 247 calories. But my question is why it didn't tell me how many calories I'd burned doing 30 minutes of strength training? Surely that burned a few. If I'm going to take the time to track all of this I'd like it to be an accurate picture. I don't want to have to subtract in my head what I estimate I burned.

Replies

• Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    under the "cardio" section search for "strength training"
  • skara
    skara Posts: 2
    OK, well that was embarrassingly simple. LOL. Thanks!
    I hate I just listed 9 different exercises now, but I guess it will help me see how I build up my weights.
  • I always record my strength training under cardio. If I'm gonna work hard then I wanna count those calories! If you are really serious about sticking to this and calorie counting, you might want to invest in a Heart Rate Monitor. I use it everytime I workout and it gives me a pretty accurate count of calories burned. I find that a lot of the time, this website and the machines are off by a lot of calories.
  • I would highly recommend in investing in a BodyBugg, I used to use a heart monitor but the heart monitor is way off on accuracy. The Bodybugg is right on with calories and also it counts your steps as well. It's a great help to understand how many calories you are burning all day long. YOu just wear it on your arm and forget about it. It is great.
This discussion has been closed.