When will I see results on the scale again?

Options
I have a trainer since Dec. and have lost from 289 to 254 until last Thurs. She expects me to lose 1 to 1.5 lbs/wk. I am eating a low glycemic diet and tracking it all. I admit some days I don't drink enough water. I just started adding walking 1 to 1.5 mi/d to my regimen. (I have been doing this for only 3 days so far.) I got on the scale this morning and it has not moved. I'm just kinda getting discouraged and I have to weigh this Thurs so I have 3 more days to get that pound gone. I'm obsessed with my scale. Is it like this sometimes no matter what your doing?

Replies

• smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I like your intensity and know you should keep going. This is just a short blip on your screen. I watch the Biggest Loser and they train and are secluded from outside world stressors AND Still will have a week of not losing. Go figure! So if it can happen under ideal circumstances, I can accept that it happens to me, can't you? Have faith that you will keep seeing results over time as you keep being consistent with your program. Here I am saying that and it is much more about me, than you here. I have been at this most consistently not 100% but 75%. Life happens and I keep getting back up to go at it again. What is the alternative? So you are doing great from the sounds of your post, and keep at it. Hope this helps! Also feel free to friend me, if you want support and want to give support to someone who is struggling to keep going too. Thanks, Smiles
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's not linear. I lost 20lbs pretty easily then hit a wall for a couple weeks. Then lost 8lbs in 2 weeks or something... then another wall. Then 7lbs in 10 days.

As long as you're eating enough, you should lose again eventually.
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 20-25 pounds of fat, but only lost 5-10 on the scale. But I am going for super intense workouts. The scale is not a representation of body fat percentage, it is just a representation of your relationship with gravity.

Weight loss is usually about BF% so yea.....
  • Painter35
    Options
    1 week in and only 1lb lost sent me into a foul mouthed rant at the scales! Once I had stopped cursing the scales I realised it didn't make sense as my eating was on point and I was 7 days into the Slimin6 dvd so I measured myself again and I had lost 4.75 inches in 7 days. Result!

I have now learned not to obsess with the scales as they don't show the bigger picture.

If you continue what you're doing, you will lose weight again.:smile: