is it weird that i like counting calories?

Options
Idk why but i enjoy seeing what i am eating and doing lol

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Me too. I believe it's about being in control of yourself now. You can't control when you don't know. That's why entering your food before you eat it is helpful for so many.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Exactly! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm like that too. I love looking back over my diary and seeing whether I've gotten all my protein or had enough vegetables, etc. :flowerforyou:
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Me too! I'd go as far as to say I am quite obsessed with it!
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I enjoy counting, too, because it keeps me honest. I need a lot of honesty right now.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I didnt do well today but i still liked seeing how to do better
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I count every day and enjoy it. Keeps me accountable and like another member said; honest. When I stopped counting three times, I lost control and gained 5-7 lbs each time.

I was driving to work tonight and had a thought: I think anyone who has gained an inordinate amt of weight at a younger age or people in their 40's who have started steadily gaining need to log.

Everyone else is somehow gifted at knowing their proper consumption.
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd be awful at it because I'm not that detail-oriented and hate math lol. Turns out, I'm kind of really liking it!
  • Ressie1
    Ressie1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm so addicted with logging. I think its cool to see what I`m actually eating. Do I even dare to say its kinda fun... Haha I love it..
  • Katrinadionne1808
    Options
    I've been doing it for a whole 75 days now, love it and love seeing how I can further improve my diet i.e not starve myself but make healthier food choices!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    nope, there are a lot of crazies here.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    The moment when you've hit your protein macro for the day, so you eat a bag of chips to finish off your calories.
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well if you are weird, then I am weird too. I love it! It so helps motivate to keep within limits and a sense of achievement when the numbers all stack up nicely. I can see myself doing this for a long time, perhaps even a lifetime. :)
  • mariadreamer
    Options
    Me too!! In the beginning I was kind of bored, but now I want also to know what I eat and if I can eat something more! :)