Health problems...

Options
So I have a heart murmur that has recently been taking it's toll on me. Any sort of cardio leaves me dizzy and seeing spots. ive been to the doctor and they say to take it easy. I dont feel like i am doing enough to lose any weight though. Any ideas on what i could do to keep it light, but effective? Walking is nice but the muscles in the back of my heal have been really tight lately! I've been constantly stretching it but it still hurts. I have another doc. apt. set up soon for that one too.

Replies

• ReeReeTug
    ReeReeTug Posts: 13
    Options
    Ask your doctor what he suggests. My son has a heart condition as well and we always checked to make sure what activities were ok before proceeding. If you call up there they should be able to tell you over the phone.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So I have a heart murmur that has recently been taking it's toll on me. Any sort of cardio leaves me dizzy and seeing spots. ive been to the doctor and they say to take it easy. I dont feel like i am doing enough to lose any weight though. Any ideas on what i could do to keep it light, but effective? Walking is nice but the muscles in the back of my heal have been really tight lately! I've been constantly stretching it but it still hurts. I have another doc. apt. set up soon for that one too.

Would swimming be allowed for you?

Walking would be okay, however if you did try it again, if you could avoid hills as they put extra strain on the achilles. Ironically, and you may not like this, stretching has been found to be not so beneficial as they thought it was. So don't go overboard on the stretching business, you could be doing more harm than good.

Definitely a good idea to see your doctor about your heel, that way if anything is wrong it can get sorted.