Does this happen to anyone else?

Options
SO I started my diet again, post wedding a fortnight ago. The first week I lost 3lbs and was super chuffed, this week I've lost zilchy :-( But this has happened to me before - it seems to be when I start to include exercise. I know muscle is heavier than fat but it's just a wee bit demoralising to be good all week and then see like no results.

Any words of encouragement or does anyone else find the same thing?

Replies

• drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If you exercise, your body retains more water due to muscle repair. Consistency is key.

Btw, you should rather measure yourself then use a scale. But that's just my opinion. :)
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    With the start of most diets you usually lose the most in your first few weeks then becomes more steady. I agree with the above though use your measurements too :) I gained weight 2 weeks ago but dropped half an inch on my waist.....
  • hypRvendtL8N
    hypRvendtL8N Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too! Usually after I've stopped my regime for a while. So just keep going and make sure your doing plenty of cardio as well as strength training. I agree with measuring yourself over weighing. SO many factors can make us go up in weight for a bit, ie hormones/water retention. Give it time! :)
  • rangersbride
    rangersbride Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - I keep meaning to weigh myself but haven't gotten round to it, although my husband says I feel smaller. I've lost 35lbs in the last 18 months but was starting to plateau which is why I've startedto use MFP to kickstart myself again.

I'm trying to get a bit closer to goal for my honeymoon which is in 8 weeks time, it should be an incentive but I just find it so difficult to lose weight :-(