Calories & Exercise Questrion

Good morning everyone! I hope that you have a great and productive day! I have a question. I have my daily calories set, but when I exercise it says that I have so and so many calories lett.

So, if I'm on 1200 calories and walk for an hour which would give me say 1008 calories burned. then when I look at my food diary, it says that I have earned extra calories.

Does this then mean that I SHOULD eat more to compensate? Im not hungry, but also do not understand this concept. someone help me understand this please and thank you very much : )

Replies

• Falyesai
    Falyesai Posts: 41
    Me personally, I don't take it as I need to eat more. Just that I burned what I ate. (Now I could probably go load up on veggies to compensate for the calories I burned though.)

This is just me though, and I for sure ain't a medical expert. Hopefully one of the more health conscious folks on here can help you on your question.

And I hope you have a wonderful day as well!
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    eat them back!! lose fat not weight! :)
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    If you don't want to eat them back you need to change your calorie goal intake to your tdee instead of a deficit.
  • rachjenn
    rachjenn Posts: 87
    You'll probably find you want more food if you exercise, I certainly do! But as long as it's the right foods and a healthy amount, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't eat when you're hungry, no matter if that means eating the extra calories.

Not eating when hungry puts your body into starvation mode which would work against you loosing weight.
  • MsPhine
    MsPhine Posts: 5
    Thanks everyone! You have helped me out a lot! Enjoy your night : )