Stressed & not eating enough

Options
I'm going through a really hard time at the moment & it's causing me alot of stress.Usually I'd reach for the junk food but since I've started eating better the thought of eating anything makes me feel sick. I know it's not doing my body any favors so has anyone got any advice on how I can eat enough?.I can just about keep water down
thanks x

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Try to keep your proteins/carbs/fats balanced, but it's more important to get enough calories than be balanced, IMO. Try most of all to get enough protein, but if nothing really appeals to you w/protein in it, then go to carba or fats, whichever you're lowest on. When my appetite isn't the greatest & I need to get calories in, I try to look for ANYTHING healthy that I can get calories from. Sometimes you may not feel like eating, but could drink things like milk, smoothies, juice, or stews/soups. But on the stew/soup, I'd do that AFTER you try to eat other things, because they say warm soups tend to make you less hungry. Also things that we often eat when we're sick, like jello, toast, crackers, rice, yogurt, bananas, applesauce, etc. Supplements might be a good idea as well. And definitely try to get your exercise in, best stress reliever out there. Also would probably be good to talk to your doctor, as well as a pastor or counselor. Hope things get better for you. :-(
  • Linuraleal
    Options
    If possible, nuts are a great source of energy. A handfull here and there can help fill the calorie needs.

Smoothies as well could work well.

Best of luck to you!