My stomach - Will it go away?

Options
Hey guys!

Just a quick question. I'm 19 and I have always been fat, blah blah blah save the story for later. I am 5'7" and I currently weigh 174lbs. (or 79 kilos, whatever system you use)

AND I HAVE AN OVERHANGING STOMACH!
It makes me so sad. Now, not saying it's not going away, I mean it's shrunk considerably!

It went from this...
sidebefore_zps0369efe1.png

to this...
sidess_zpscf034a34.jpg

But will it go away? I'm looking for people who have lost it before to tell me whether or not I should start saving for a tummy tuck.
I go to the gym about 5 times a week, and I can feel hard muscle under my layer of fat, I just really worry.

Reassurance or the truth please!

Love to you all forever xxxxx

Replies

• JayKay60
    JayKay60 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sweetie - don't beat yourself up! Don't worry about a tummy tuck ok? It looks fine AND you are still working on it. Don't give in to the media hype about needing to have washboard abs. That's just unrealistic. Plus, it's not very feminine.

Ok, that's just my view, but really, what I wish I had been told at 19 is: concentrate on a healthy diet and lifestyle, exercise regularly, drink water, and focus on loving yourself. Wishing you all the best :)

PS Congratulations! You have done so well already. I'm sure you'll get to goal!!
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    Yes, it just takes a little time. I'm still trying to loose mine, although it has shrunk & tightened up some.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    of course it will! it just means your overall level of body fat needs to go down a bit more but youve progressed a bunch, it just takes time :) keep at it and definitely dont get a tummy tuck- thats the lazy way out YOU GOT THIS :D eat lots of protein, do some HIIT and circuit training routines, eat clean... and be patient :) plus if you feel the muscle thats awesome , means once the body fat % is down a bit more you will have awesome muscle definition :D
  • TheLittleVoice91
    Options
    Fat is often stored around the stomach. It is the first place it collects and the last place to lose. Just keep at it. Cardio AND strength training will do wonders! Ab exercises will help develop muscle and then cardio will get rid of the fat to show the muscle.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You are young yet, it should flatten out with exercise and a clean diet. It won't happen overnight, but you will get there if you work on it. Don't even think about a tummy tuck this young. If you want babies, they suggest you wait until you are done having them.
  • xMallie
    xMallie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, this is so much more re assuring. Argh, I hate when I get like this!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes,like everyone said,eat clean,lot of protein,work out.It will go.

I have three kids,the last two were c sections and my stomach has been flat after second baby,so working on getting it back to that after my youngest(she just turned 7 months)

Good luck and you CAN do it :)