Scale question

Options
I weighted myself yesterday and I was at 212 and this morning I was at 216.9. I Know weight fluctuate by this much? Is my scale wrong? Could it be from my salty meal yesterday? I desperatly want to get under the 210 mark so I feel like my scale is toying with me!

Replies

• jdas00
    jdas00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    did you weigh yourself on the same spot of the floor were you did the day before? That can make a difference, also if you are not using a digital scal you might not be getting an accurate reading.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yeah, you can fluctuate 5 lbs in a day absolutely, it happens to me some times. Don't worry to much. The correct way to use the scale is to weigh yourself 5 to 10 times (over a few weeks or better yet, over a month) and look for trends, outliers shouldn't be given to much weight. If the trend is downward, then you're doing it right. If the trend is upward, then you need to make adjustments.
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    did you weigh yourself on the same spot of the floor were you did the day before? That can make a difference, also if you are not using a digital scal you might not be getting an accurate reading.

Yes Same spot same time thats why it was weird to me. I use a Weight Watcher's digital scale. I heard they are pretty good scales
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks SHBoss1673 I figured maybe one or two but geesh 5!! Thanks for the info