Help!!!

Options
Hi, need some support today, am having a bad day and want to eat loads! Not sure why i am feeling like this but have already eaten 3 small Ginger biscuits n a custard cream, feel like a failure n want to eat as much as possible aaagh!! X

Replies

• cassbam
    cassbam Posts: 9
    Options
    hormones?/emotional eating?

I have bad days...lots of them. I am a shift worker with 2 young boys (6mths & 3 yrs), and suffer from the 'I cant help myself's.
    I seem to eat to a point where I feel very guilty, but then jump back on the wagon of eating right the next day & try to do a little extra exercise to negate the extra eaten - doesn't always work - but at least I try

& you are trying

it's all you can do (try that is)

best of luck
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    You are not a failure, you are just having a moment of weakness. Just put it behind you and try and be good for rest of day (yes I know easier said than done).

Has something happened to make you want to eat and for feeling down? Don't wait till your starving to eat - otherwise you will over eat, eat fast and also it'll affect your mood.

You've made the first positive step by deciding you want to lose weight and also by joining MFP. Don't beat yourself up because you've had a treat - make sure you add it in on your food diary, Yep it may not look like a good day if its now not possible to stay within your calories but you could either take it into account and eat less later on or if thats not possible try and fit in some exercise.

Look at the days your've already completed successfully.

You can do this - one step at a time.

xUna
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have those days, and I I too was a shift worker, I was pregnant with a toddler at home boy was that fun NOT!!!

I know how both of you are feeling, What has helped me is talking myself through it, I deserve more than this espeically from my self. I want to be skinny and healthy more than I want X Y Z, it hasn't always worked and sometimes it still doesn't but DONT GIVE UP!!!!
  • ShereeD
    ShereeD Posts: 1
    Options
    Morning! I have horrible days too! Just last week my bf and I ate a whole package of oreo's together! LOL GROSS! Was so yummy...but now that they are gone it's over with. I felt guilty for eating all those yummy little cookies, but at the end of the day, i did it and there isn't anything you can do to undo it. Accept that you did it...build a bridge and get over it! Don't do it again tomorrow maybe go for a walk or do a little extra physical activity.
    I think it is only human to over indulge sometimes...as long as you don't do it on a daily basis don't worry about it! Don't beat yourself up! It's not worth it...
  • nickiw01
    nickiw01 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies, can't seem to find the biscuits to put them in my diary so will have to guess!! You're all right I am not a failure and I can do it, have a party tonight and I am dreading it all that food everywhere! Thnx for the support x
  • ronninewyork
    Options
    not worth eating. go to gym or back to sleep take a wallk if that helps