Advice please?

Options
Hi. I'm 24 years old. Male. around 6ft. I currently weigh 14.7 (around 207 lb) I have already lost over 2 stone. I am worried about loose skin. I go to the gym about 4-5 times a week, I do days for cardio and then I do days for weightlifting, the resistance machines mainly. I have been overweight for maybe 9 years. I drink quite a lot of water, usually around 10 glasses a day. I eat tuna, grilled chicken, fruit, veg, etc. I aim to lose around 1 lb a week, as it's the safest. What do you think my chances are of loose skin?

I'll post some pictures underneath to help. Thanks.

20130417_120103.jpg

20130417_120134.jpg

Replies

• erinlyon
    erinlyon Posts: 8
    Options
    Typically, those of us who carry extra weight in our stomach, have lose skin. Since you are still young, you should be able to tighten some of that back up by continuing to exercise on a daily basis. Along with exercise, you also need to make sure you are eating right and trying to stay away from sugar as much as possible. You should be doing planks every day. Doesn't matter if your day is supposed to be a light work-out day or not, planks should be done EVERY DAY. Do as many as you can, for as long as you can, just try not to over do it. You are built like my husband, and you carry your weight in your belly, so don't be discouraged if you don't turn out getting a flat stomach with rock hard abs, it's just your body type. For me, I will always have thighs and an *kitten*....i'm shaped like a pear and that's not totally bad, but I have learded to accpet that I will never have a size 4 pant because of my body type. :) Looks like you have been trying very hard and you are in a good routine, GO YOU!

:happy:
  • Trooper_89
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful reply. I haven't been doing planks but instead crunches, I think I might just do both. I have stopped drinking alcohol and fizzy drinks, it's usually just water I drink now. I eat healthy food such as grilled chicken and tuna as both are high in protein. I occasionally eat bread, but it is still within my daily calorie intake. Is this still ok? When I'm hungry, I make sure I snack on fruit or something.

As you can see, I have stretch marks (although in that photo they look worse I'm sure, I think it's the flash on my phone) what creams could I use and is there creams for loose skin also?

Thanks again erinlyon for your reply!