Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Well, you've lost 17lb........?
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? You may be eating too little for the amount of work you are doing.
  • sms60728
    sms60728 Posts: 6
    Options
    I did but i want to lose 50 more
  • sms60728
    Options
    I think that's my problem... after I work out i don't really feel like eating.. maybe i should eat a little more protein or add a shake after dinner.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    help:(
    working 4-5 days a week... burning between 500-800 calories doing calisthenics
    eating around 1300 calories a day....
    really feeling discouraged lately :(
    anyone have any advice ??

Are we talking NET calories?

NET Example: Eat 1800 less 500 calorie workout = 1300 calories ...... this is how MFP is designed to work.

If you are eating only 1300 & working out for 500 ...... then it's like giving your body only 800 calories .... this would definitely slow weight loss down. Your body hangs onto every calorie it can get.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    help:(
    working 4-5 days a week... burning between 500-800 calories doing calisthenics
    eating around 1300 calories a day....
    really feeling discouraged lately :(
    anyone have any advice ??

Is the 1300 net calories or total calories? If you aren't, then you are only netting 500-800 a day. If you are working out that much, you should be eating more.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Agree with the two above for sure
  • apaleous
    apaleous Posts: 6
    Options
    I totally agree, your weight loss has halted because your body is in starvation mode.. Make sure to consume a good amount of water. I would aim for around 300 more calories on your workout days. You can reach that just by adding a whey shake with a healthy fat.
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Before assuming that you are eating too little...are you weighing your food with a food scale and accounting for everything you put into your mouth? If not, then your estimation of how much you are eating could be off.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think that's my problem... after I work out i don't really feel like eating.. maybe i should eat a little more protein or add a shake after dinner.

Probably shoudl be eating about another 400+ calories a day. You don't have much to lose and you should only be aiming for about 1 lb per week at this point. 1300 calories is just too little. Also, unless you workout for a few hours a day, I doubt you are burning that much. I am a guy at almost 200 lbs and 500 -800 can be a stretch at times. Either way, it's not so much about how much you burn, it's about eating enough.

What do you define as calisthenics? Also, what are your stats, height weight age?
  • sms60728
    Options
    i am eating 1300 minus the calories i burned. but since ive added a little whole wheat bread back in i lost 4 pounds this week. not sure if that contributed.
  • FitWendi
    FitWendi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Did you take your measurments?? Before pictures??Sometimes we loose inches and not LBS. I went down 2 pant sizes but only lost a few pounds.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters as to weighing and measuring, and watching that your calories don't get too low (for your health and body composition, not because it will hinder your weight loss). I will simply add that you should be patient. You will definitely have weeks where you don't lose anything and some where you actually gain even doing everything right. Quite a bit of that has to do with water retention and you shouldn't worry about it. If you're new to this and weight lifting you may also put on some muscle mass. Just be patient.