New and trying to lose for a special event

Options
Hello, my user name is Dollyfinn. I am new to MFP. I've been trying to lose on my own forever without much success. But, my future sister-in-law announced this weekend that she and my brother-in-law will be getting married in Feb/Mar 2014. So now I have all the motivation I need to get this weight off , especially since it will be a destination beach wedding where I won't be able to hide under a sweater. In reality I need to lose 150lbs. But, would be happy with a 60-80lbs weight loss before this wedding.

I would love to make friends here to keep myself motivated !
If there is a thread/forum about special events (weddings, reunions, etc) could someone please point me to it. I need to keep up my motivation since Feb 2014 is only 41 weeks away :smile:

Very excited to meet you all. Thanks for reading this and have a wonderful day!!

Replies

• krisbarger3285
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I need motivation too and we can help each other!!! Congrats to your sister and yay for the destination wedding. You can do it girl!
  • dollyfinn
    dollyfinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I just added you and sent you a message. Hope you have a great day!!
  • mitziku
    mitziku Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site with wonderful people to support you as you achieve your goals. Feel free to add me.
  • dollyfinn
    dollyfinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello! I joined this site because I was trying to lose for my daughter's wedding. After almost one year I am accepting it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. The wedding is less than 3 months away and I am still working hard to fit into that dress!

Good luck and hopefully we can motivate each other!
  • Jeki020103
    Options
    Hi! Good luck on your journey. I would love to succeed with you over the next year! Anne
  • ciarabubs
    ciarabubs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am on everyday and find that the support that you get on here is fab!
  • lisa198013
    lisa198013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also losing for a special event... I am getting married this June and want to look better in my wedding dress. I have a long way to go but every little bit counts. I am looking for motivation from outside sources. I am the "fat friend" so no one really understands my struggles. Please add me!
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :o)
  • MrsCoachP
    MrsCoachP Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not losing for a special occasion, but several special occasions caused my weight gain, marriage, 3 babies in 3 years! Ready to loose 45lbs and feel good again! Feel free to add me too! I love to encourage and can always use some myself!
  • Josh_92_
    Josh_92_ Posts: 23
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)