need friends and help being motivated

Options
im looking for some friends on here to help me keep motivated and what not. ive done this before and ended up droping over 60 lbs but now i gained 40 of them back and need to give my son a good example of healthy living.

Replies

• scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to getting fit! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • NitroRoo
    NitroRoo Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I just signed up myself - in my early 30's and a good 60lbs overweight myself. My kids are a big part of why I am on here. Not only do I want to be a good example to them, I want to live a long life and see them grow. Took them camping last weekend and did a bunch of hiking - it sure would be nice to weigh less!
  • iradamrawr
    Options
    how do you find time to do your exercises and stuff? i work about 50 hours a week (5 10 hour days) and then when i get home i try to give my wife a break from watching him because i really enjoy watching him and she gets stressed easily. when its warmer out i go for a walk with him outside (oh forgot to mention hes only 20 months so theres alot of things he cant really come with me to do) but when its cold outside we are stuck inside and if i try to even get on the treadmil im afraid hes going to jump on there with me and get hurt or when i try to do pushups hes right down in my face or climbing on top of me which is super cute but also super unproductive lol
  • metsfan70
    Options
    I am new to this, my brother lost 30 lbs and he was my inspiration!!! I was wondering, you are allowed more calories to eat when you exercise, however what if you are full and can not eat the extras is that ok????

Also any advice for when you plateau, I had lost 5 lbs before I started this however I understand that was water weight (which you loose first) now I work out 3 times a week (cadio mostly) and the scale has not moved in a week. Yes it could be that I am gaining muscle in places I did not before and that weighs more than fat. I would love to see the numbers go down again!!!

Thanks,

Metfan70
  • carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me - I'm new to MFT and am loving it. I'll try and support you as I am looking for motivational friends
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    add me
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    how do you find time to do your exercises and stuff? i work about 50 hours a week (5 10 hour days) and then when i get home i try to give my wife a break from watching him because i really enjoy watching him and she gets stressed easily. when its warmer out i go for a walk with him outside (oh forgot to mention hes only 20 months so theres alot of things he cant really come with me to do) but when its cold outside we are stuck inside and if i try to even get on the treadmil im afraid hes going to jump on there with me and get hurt or when i try to do pushups hes right down in my face or climbing on top of me which is super cute but also super unproductive lol

?baby-backpack a possibility? of course, if you do try this, make sure your son is not carrying candy or anything, as you may end up wearing it :smile:
  • crsybristle
    Options
    Best of luck to you!! I am back because I feel if I dont make changes....I wont be here in a year. :( We can and WILL do this!! Add me! :) Good luck
  • missyrussell81
    missyrussell81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • jenroche78
    jenroche78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm in my early 30's and 40 pounds overweight and taking this adventure one day at a time!
  • blomgrl
    blomgrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to finally lose weight ! everyone please add me for motivation! :) we can do this! ! !
  • iradamrawr
    Options
    thanks guys. im really hoping i can really kick it in the butt this time me and my wife are both doing healthy eating now so it should be easier now if i can just control myself at work grr i hate working around food all day
  • jannyg17
    jannyg17 Posts: 2
    Options
    2nd day on MFP please add for motivation !
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. I used to use my sons as weights when they were that little...gave us playtime in their minds and me a bit of a workout. I still use them once in a while though my oldest is almost too heavy now for most of the games we played. It's hard working full time and being a full time parent to find a good time to work out but can you do anything while he sleeps? I don't know your schedule or if you have time to do a workout once he's down for the night or if there is time before he gets up in the morning and you head to work.
  • Heevenlee83
    Options
    welcome back feel free to add me anyone can that is looking for motivation
  • Beachmars
    Beachmars Posts: 1
    Options
    HI, I am very new here and need all the help I can get. In the last 3 years since 2 knee surgeries and a broken leg I wound up putting on an extra 70 pounds This big girl is not who I am and I want my outside to reflect my inside skinnier girl.
    Please add me and help me with motivation and I'll try to help you as well.
    Thanks!
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    There's alot you can do indoors and with your son. The tip is to MOVE!!! Ur son can help too by U making a game of it and including him. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • blomgrl
    blomgrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :)