Tracking my TRX workouts

Options
pcastagner
pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
Hi everyone and thanks in advance for the help.

I'm on the road and have no gym, so I've purchased a TRX. I've also just switched over from another app for tracking. I wear a heart rate monitor in my workouts to get a calorie burn, and might ride a bike to a good spot to set up when I don't do it in my friend's apartment.

My question is, what is the best way to track these workouts? The strength training option seems to go move by move, and I'm not really keeping track of how many reps I can do since I just go to failure, wait a minute, and repeat. I also can't really put a number on how much weight I'm pushing with the suspension trainer.

My solution yesterday was to track it all as cardio, but I'm worried I might need help down the line, and someone looking at my profile might think I am doing ridiculous amounts of cardio when in fact I am doing mostly strength and jump rope HIIT.

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The MFP logging system forces you to log anything that you want to register as calorie burn as cardio. The strength training portion of the logging screen only exists for you personally to keep track of your lifts. Bur for calorie burns it should be logged as cardio. If you need any help, feel free to ask. I've been doing suspension training (though I don't use a TRX brand unit) and jump rope as my primary forms of exercise for a year and a half.
  • kerrylovesbooks
    kerrylovesbooks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Log it under "cardio" and enter it as "strength training". It won't look like you're doing ridiculous amounts of cardio; you're logging your actual activites. When I enter in a 45 min weight lifting session, it says I burned 146 calories which is hardly excessive (even though a 45 min weight training session deserves more than a 146 calorie burn, lol! Other benefits come from it I suppose! )
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Why thank you both!

That answers my question!