I did it! 29lbs down, goal weight reached!

Options
I wish I would have taken pictures. (maybe I'll have my hubby take some "afters" and I can just add a "before" that I already have.

Anyway, here's how it breaks down.

1/2/13 - 164lbs.
4/23/13 - 135lbs
measurements:

Arms: 12.25" (before) 11" (after)
Legs: 25" (b) 22" (a)
Waist: 37.5" (b) 30.5" (a)
hips: 41.5" (b) 37" (a)

Now that I've reached this goal, I am going to keep going in hopes of loosing another 7-ish lbs. And, I need to focus a bit more on my abs. After having 4 babies, there's still definitely room for improvement!

What I did: Jillian 30 Day Shred, Jillian Ripped in 30, Jillian No More Trouble Zones, and treadmill sprints 2 days/wk for 30 minutes. I exercise 4-6x week (depending on my schedule.) My caloric consumption is probably a little higher than some because I'm nursing a 6mo old too. So, I started out at 1640 cals, then after I lost 20lbs, I readjusted and cut back to 1540cals. I followed the "In Place of a Road Map" calculations to determine my calorie intake.

I did chart my meals for a few months, then when I realized it was controlling me, I cut that out. By that time, I had a pretty good idea of calorie count and portion sizes. Ate more veggies and fruits, cut out some carbs (usually opt to have no grains with 1 meal per day.)

When I first started out, I came to this board for motivation when I *really* didn't want to exercise or when I really wanted to gorge on junk. Reading how everyone on here made sacrifices to get where they were going was so motivational to me! So, if *I* can do it, so can you! Jump on that treadmill, put on those workout clothes, put that doughnut away! YOU can do this too! =)

Replies

• pdphelps138
    pdphelps138 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Very, Very Good!
  • sueperwoman
    Options
    WOW , you have the same start and finish that I have...same time frame for my goal...thanks for the inspiration! Good for you!
  • jmsharp1
    jmsharp1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Awesome! Nice work! I'm very motivated by your loss! I'm looking to lose about 50lbs (had 3 kids in 5 years and nursed them all for a year) anyway, I feel like its taking forever but this site and stories like yours assure me I can do it
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have 29 more pounds till I reach my goal weight.
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm so happy for you!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great story! WAY TO GO! I appreciate you sharing everything you did diet and exercise wise to meet your goal. I am currently at 160, from 170 and my goal is 135. I am also doing 30 DS, when I can fit it in, which for now is about 4x a week. When school gets out (I am a teacher) I will have much more time to work out. How tall are you, by the way?
  • NESIBEAU
    NESIBEAU Posts: 20
    Options
    Congrats!!1 I am feeling little discouraged and you motivated me this morning. Thanks
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    amazing, i don`t see any picture but the numbers are amazing. nice job. indeed all these sacrifice is all worth while
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great success story!! Thank you for sharing!! It definitely helps to read things like this when we feel discouraged.
  • hollylape7
    hollylape7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the great work and thanks for the inspiration!
  • peilover010202
    peilover010202 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great story! WAY TO GO! I appreciate you sharing everything you did diet and exercise wise to meet your goal. I am currently at 160, from 170 and my goal is 135. I am also doing 30 DS, when I can fit it in, which for now is about 4x a week. When school gets out (I am a teacher) I will have much more time to work out. How tall are you, by the way?

I am 5'5" =)
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options

I am 5'5" =)

WOW! Me too!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! I will definitely stick to it!!!
  • losethewt
    losethewt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thats AWESOME! I'm the same height and starting at 160. I just returned to MFP after a break. This is so inspring, I needed to read this! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!