Looking for support and friends

Options
I have been struggling with my weight for many years. Now, I am diabetic and starting to enter menopause. My doctor says weight loss will just keep getting harder! It takes a lot for me to get intoa routine with anything, especially fitness. I really could use some support for getting into some kind of fitness routine. I recently joined Planet Fitness, but I can't seem to motivate myself to go and walk the treadmill for even 15 minutes!

Replies

• anneitz
    anneitz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Take baby steps. I am setting small goals so that I am not overwhelmed. Take one day at a time. =)
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi!
    Try an aerobic class to get you started. Also, try to find an activity to motivate you. Good luck!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    when i first started i couldnt even do 15 minutes myself. now 2+ years later i cant seem to get off .so much energy.just stay at it.

''try your best and FORGET THE REST ''
    -Tony- from p90x.

add me for motivation..alex.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is, no matter what we say or do, you have to be the one to take that first step. No one can do it for you and you have to take it with commitment or you will just fall off the wagon again, and again. Start small and work your way up. When I started exercising, I would take me over an hour to finish a 20 minute workout and I would burn about 200 calories. But every week, I added something and I'm burning 1500-2000 calories a day now. You can do this, you have to make yourself take that first step, it will get easier as you go along. If 15 minutes is too much, start with 10 or even 5, but then make sure you up the ante at least every week. Feel free to friend me and welcome to MFP!!!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Music always gets me going!!! Pu together you favorite playlist!! :happy: Add me if you'd like.
  • RitaReadyforChallenge
    Options
    Hi! I definitely agree with taking it slow (day by day) and set small goals in the beginning. You dont want to put too much pressure on yourself and then quit because you are so overwhelmed. Have you thought about doing an at home workout. Some find leaving the house and working out infront of strangers overwhelming. Make sure you do what's comfortable for you so that you can stick with the plan.

I would be more than happy to motivate and support you any way I can. Please feel free to send me a friend request.
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it does take small steps to make a life style change. Swapping out foods that are healthier and still satisfy your cravings (watch what your friends on here eat - that will give you ideas)

Doing a little more exercise than you are now; even a walk around the block is more. As you progress make it two times, add in some jogging steps occassionally. You can get there if you want it.

You're more than welcome to add me!