2 Goals in One Day! 30 Pounds Gone and 1 Mile Run!

Options
00trayn
00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
My main goals that I've been working towards since I started have been to lose 30 pounds so I'm in the overweight BMI category and to run one mile on the treadmill without stopping. In the last 24 hours, I've done both!!!

As of this morning, the scale said 169.4 lbs! I don't remember ever seeing that number on the scale ever since I was in high school. My mom even told me that's about what I weighed when I STARTED high school... crazy! It's amazing the transformation from 215 to 200 to 170 pounds (i posted some before and during pictures on here a while back).

As for my mile, it's something that I've wanted to conquer since I started running at the beginning of the summer. I set a goal for myself to be able to do it by Labor Day and I was making great progress. On Tuesday, I ran 5 minutes without stopping and that was my best up to that point. Then yesterday I was planning to run 5 minutes again, when I decided to see how far I could go. And I passed 6 minutes and 7 minutes and once I got to 10 and I was still going, I decided I'm getting that mile! My breathing was really steady, my heart rate was only 162 and I had a good rhythm, so I kept going. It felt AMAZING and I couldn't stop grinning as I walked on an incline to cool down. It shocks me what my body is capable of when my brain stops telling it to be lazy.

I'm going to enjoy seeing my ticker all the way at it's goal for a few days, then it gets changed to 140 as my (semi) final goal of a healthy weight. Until then, I'm gonna be grinning from ear to ear :D

Replies

• nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those are both fantastic accomplishments!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    absolutely AMAZING you should be so proud of yourself....defiantly treat yourself....to a massage or something like that i'm sure you're muscles have worked alot to get here!!!
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!
  • katiemkey
    katiemkey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

Beware though...running is addictive! Ha! When I first started running a few years ago, I could barely, and I mean baaaaaarely, make it around the block. Now, I'll get on the treadmill and go for 6 or 7 miles without even feeling winded. Just keep at it and stay motivated! Try increasing your distance slowly...like 5% a week.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! Keep it up
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Really well done!! :happy:

It's such an inspiration to hear how successful you are!!

Of course...a little jealous you are obviously a natural runner...I am red faced and knackered still on my week 6 of C25K! hehe :blushing:

Keep up the good work...although like others have said...have a little reward for yourself! You certainly deserve it! The massage idea sounds great huh?!
  • mommaprinn
    mommaprinn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I can totally relate to your excitement. I have never been very athletic and certainly never wanted to be a runner. In January I set a goal for myself to run a 5k in May, or at least walk it. I have now completed my fourth 5k for the summer and have two more scheduled! And I ran all of them! It really is amazing what your body is capable of doing when you set your mind to it and don't give up!
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great job!! I know you must be so happy! :tongue: You are a great inspiration to me. For me to be at a over weight BMI range I need to be at about 174, currently I at 183.( i have seen the 170's in a long time!!):ohwell: I can't wait to get there and hit my first goal, I know it will feel great.

Keep up the good work!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    :happy: YAY!!!!! :happy:

Its rediculous how excited I am for you!!!

You are rockin. :smokin:
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    So exciting!!! Congrats again!!!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :D I'm looking forward to running again on Tuesday. I think I'm gonna skip week 4 of C25K and go right into week 5... haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!