Annoyed with progress :((

Options
OK gonna start by quoting the actual losses I have had the last few weeks copied from the weigh in section :blushing:

Weight 06/10/10 175 delete
Weight 06/18/10 174.9 delete
Weight 06/25/10 171.9 delete
Weight 06/26/10 171.9 delete
Weight 07/02/10 171.2 delete
Weight 07/09/10 170.4 delete
Weight 07/16/10 170.3

I watch everything I am eating, stay within my cals, workout a few times a week and started drinking more water this week :frown: The only thing different I have done the last few weeks is take away my treat day :grumble: Instead of staying within my cals on treat day I used to have what I wanted and started again the next day :blushing: When I did that I seemed to lose more?

I am so pissed off with the scales today :sad: What am I doing wrong here :blushing:

Any comments would be appreciated :wink: My diary is viewable by friends so if you would like to see it just send me a FR I add everyone lol :flowerforyou:

Thanks

C

:heart:

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You know what...you have lost almost 5 lbs in about 1 month. That is not too shabby! You don't have alot to lose so your weight loss will be slower. It is easy to get frustrated week to week. But, keep your eye on your goal....you are getting there! Keep on keeping on!:flowerforyou:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You know what...you have lost almost 5 lbs in about 1 month. That is not too shabby! You don't have alot to lose so your weight loss will be slower. It is easy to get frustrated week to week. But, keep your eye on your goal....you are getting there! Keep on keeping on!:flowerforyou:

Thanks :flowerforyou: I wish it was nearly 5 lbs that is what I was aiming for but I only lost 1.6 lbs last five weeks :sad:

Extremely pissed off today dunno what I am doing wrong ... gonna have a few treats get it out of my system so to speak :blushing:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    :heart: just bumpin this :heart:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Thanks :flowerforyou: I wish it was nearly 5 lbs that is what I was aiming for but I only lost 1.6 lbs last five weeks :sad:

Extremely pissed off today dunno what I am doing wrong ... gonna have a few treats get it out of my system so to speak :blushing:
    Weight 06/10/10 175 delete
    Weight 06/18/10 174.9 delete
    Weight 07/16/10 170.3

Since 6/18/2010, which is 5 weeks ago, you have lost 4.6 pounds.............That is awesomely great!!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

The last 3 weeks you've lost 1.6 lbs and 5 weeks you've lost 4.6 lbs.
    Nothing to be pissed off about. Don't go and eat those treats. You'll regret it more later.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You should be happy...as others pointed out in about a month (starting date that you posted and the last post) you lost about 5lbs...Yes in the inbetween weeks its been slow, but over all its great! Your body is adjusting to your excersie/food intakes and since you don't have a lot to lose its coming off slow.

Hang in there and keep up the great work, make sure you are eating enough calories (net 1200 for the day!) and drinking water. Weight that comes off slower is better for you and will stay off too!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    May be the clue is in the losing weight on a treat day??? Could it be you aren't eating enough or often enough so your metabolism is very slow?
    Take heart from my situation at weigh in today weighed 6lbs MORE than last week despite exercising every day & eating under my calories, think it is water retention due to my meds so am trying hard to stay positive myself!!!
  • CarolinaGirl74
    Options
    You hit my target today! I am sooooo annoyed too. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks...lost 4 pounds so far and then it just stayed there.....i was trying not to weigh before the end of the month but i really wanted to because i thought i could see a difference and feel a dff. in my clothes....I have stayed under my cals. even when i ate a cheeseburger one day...water water water...lots of exercise and i am up 1.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumble: I could have thrown the scales out of the window! :sad: But just hang in there- u are losing....that is good!!!! I have heard that when you dont have alot to loose it comes of slower too......Smile and have a wonderful day!!!!:wink:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options

The last 3 weeks you've lost 1.6 lbs and 5 weeks you've lost 4.6 lbs.
    Nothing to be pissed off about. Don't go and eat those treats. You'll regret it more later.
    You should be happy...as others pointed out in about a month (starting date that you posted and the last post) you lost about 5lbs...Yes in the inbetween weeks its been slow, but over all its great! Your body is adjusting to your excersie/food intakes and since you don't have a lot to lose its coming off slow.

Hang in there and keep up the great work, make sure you are eating enough calories (net 1200 for the day!) and drinking water. Weight that comes off slower is better for you and will stay off too!

Thanks guys but maybe I am seeing a different picture all I am seeing is this :wink:

Weight 07/16/10 170.3

I know losing weight slowly can be good ie will stay off longer but seriously is this not just too slow :frown: Am I ever gonna get into the 160's :cry: Every one of the weeks above I tried to break into it but just don't seem to be able to :grumble:
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It IS frustrating when you think you are following the plan, and nothing seems to be happening. The weight will go--eventually--if you are eating enough and drinking enough water. Most of us have these month-long plateaus. For me the loss gets slower as I am at my last few pounds till goal. Hang in there--you have achieved much, and you will achieve your final goal. The scale will move! :):happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Seriously, 5 lbs in a month is GOOD. Stop worrying and just enjoy that you're losing at all!!
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    May be the clue is in the losing weight on a treat day??? Could it be you aren't eating enough or often enough so your metabolism is very slow?
    Take heart from my situation at weigh in today weighed 6lbs MORE than last week despite exercising every day & eating under my calories, think it is water retention due to my meds so am trying hard to stay positive myself!!!

Hmmm I wonder you might be on to something there since I stopped having my treat day on weigh in day I seem to have reached a wall :grumble: I might try zig zagging my cals during the week but staying overall with the 1200 cals ... Somedays tho I struggle to eat all the 1200 as not hungry but grab a coffee and eat something with it :grumble: just to make the numbers :wink:

Sorry about your situation hope it sorts itself out for you soon :flowerforyou:
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    Have to agree with most of the others. 5lbs a month is great - that is what I average. You are getting close to move into the next decade on your scale and I don' t know about anyone else but when I get there it always seems to take longer to make that jump; my body just seems to get stubborn.

This is me:
    7/2 179.2
    7/9 184.5 (yes that is not a typo!!)
    7/16 180.2

I fully expect that next week I"ll be below 179 and I'll just sail through the next 8 lbs and then stall out for a few weeks. I've had this same experience since I started my journey back in December. It happened when I got to 200, 190 and now that I'm at 180.

As long as it goes down - all is good!! Hang in there - it'll happen :happy:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    You hit my target today! I am sooooo annoyed too. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks...lost 4 pounds so far and then it just stayed there.....i was trying not to weigh before the end of the month but i really wanted to because i thought i could see a difference and feel a dff. in my clothes....I have stayed under my cals. even when i ate a cheeseburger one day...water water water...lots of exercise and i am up 1.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumble: I could have thrown the scales out of the window! :sad: But just hang in there- u are losing....that is good!!!! I have heard that when you dont have alot to loose it comes of slower too......Smile and have a wonderful day!!!!:wink:

Seems a lot of us are in the same boat today from what I have been reading :frown: I thought about not weighin in for a month but I want to stay in the same routine :wink:

I drank a stack of water the last couple of days and honestly feel so bloated from it maybe water just isn't for me well a lot of it anyway :blushing:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    It IS frustrating when you think you are following the plan, and nothing seems to be happening. The weight will go--eventually--if you are eating enough and drinking enough water. Most of us have these month-long plateaus. For me the loss gets slower as I am at my last few pounds till goal. Hang in there--you have achieved much, and you will achieve your final goal. The scale will move! :):happy:

Thanks I really hope so it is so depressing when it is so slow I still have 20 lbs to go I hoped the first 10 would be quicker :grumble: If the last 20 lbs are this hard it's gonna be torture I have NEVER lost weight so slowly guess my body is fighting back this time :frown:
  • ChellieIrish
    Options
    Seriously, 5 lbs in a month is GOOD. Stop worrying and just enjoy that you're losing at all!!

I guess .. just not what I was aiming for at all :grumble: considering the last few weeks were only adding up to a 1.6 lbs loss :frown:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    5lbs in 5 weeks is right on target for a healthy loss. Stick with it, you didn't gain the weight in week & you won't get it off in a week either. :flowerforyou: You're doing great, so keep on keepin' on!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks I really hope so it is so depressing when it is so slow I still have 20 lbs to go I hoped the first 10 would be quicker :grumble: If the last 20 lbs are this hard it's gonna be torture I have NEVER lost weight so slowly guess my body is fighting back this time :frown:

I think you need to change your mentality. It's not a race. There's no big prize for losing 20 lbs in X months.
    So it doesn't take 2 months but 6 months, or 1 year. Your becoming healthier, and stronger.

It's a lifestyle change, and a healthy journey. Enjoy your mini goals, and as Arielle said, enjoy the fact that your still losing.
  • lilbitofber
    Options
    from 6/10 to 7/16 you have lost 5 lbs that is good. A suggestion to you would be to only weigh in once a week. That daily weigh in was makin feel depressed because I wasnt seeing any weight loss. But once I went to weekly I felt better. Frustration is almost a weekly feeling for me. I actually fell off for 2 weeks! Good luck!
  • lilbitofber
    Options
    from 6/10 to 7/16 you have lost 5 lbs that is good. A suggestion to you would be to only weigh in once a week. That daily weigh in was makin feel depressed because I wasnt seeing any weight loss. But once I went to weekly I felt better. Frustration is almost a weekly feeling for me. I actually fell off for 2 weeks! Good luck!