P90X Support Needed!

Options
I'm starting to lose faith in the system.

I have been working my a__ off for 26 days and I'm not losing any inches or lbs!!! I'm eating better than I ever have before and the only differences I'm noticing are in strength and flexibility. Thats great, I'm not complaining about that. I'm 127lbs (so i know I don't really need to lose lbs) but I carry all my fat in my belly. It's not pretty and completely disproportionate to my body. Thats where I want to see the changes and so far, nothing. I'm eating better than I ever have in my life! When are MY big changes coming? I see people's 30-day photos and so much has happened for them. I'm so discouraged.

Tomorrow was supposed to be my reward day. I wanted to have a slice of my favorite cheesecake at my favorite restaurant. I have been looking forward to this FOREVER! I don't feel like I have earned it.

Help?

Replies

• rpolzin25
    rpolzin25 Posts: 19
    Options
    Keep at it. I just passed 60 days and i feel like i have been changing more towards the end of the program. My pics from day 1 and 30 weren't a huge difference, but day 1 to 60 was much more noticeable.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 28 and can't really tell a differnace. I've never made it past day 30 for a variety of reasons. Just keep pushing your self and soon something will happen.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    The "magic" happens in phase 3.
  • TiffMeinhardt
    Options
    Hi,

I completed P90X about 4 weeks ago and I actually ended the program weight 3 lbs more than when I started, but I lost 10% body fat. I will tell you that when I began the program I was dealing with an eating disorder (the same eating disorder that I have dealt with since I was 17-18). So when I started the program my normal amount of food consumed in day was a turkey, cheese, & lettuce wrap and that was it. In phase 2 I changed my eating habits (long story). I now eat 3 meals a day and I have 1 snack.

To get back on track ;).... I didn't start the program with the goal of losing weight, but putting on muscle and my biggest desire being to lose my mommy belly. All of my life I have had a pudgy belly, but with 3 kids and 3 c-sectioins, it was really ugly. It is still not completely flat, but it is better than it has ever been in my life. I think what helped me is besides following the P90X program, I also threw in some extra cardio routines in the morning (Hip Hop Abs & Turbo Jam). I read somewhere along the way that results vary for everyone and that genetics play a big part in how your body responds and changes to exercise. All of the women in my family, big or small, have pronounced bellys. Even at my thinest (96lbs) I had a "pudge". :-) I have also ready that for women, it sometimes takes a couple of rounds of P90X for really good results.

I apologize... I tend to ramble when I write :) I guess what I am saying is don't be discouraged and don't give up. I truly believe in P90X. It's hard work, but it really does work. I have a results video that is posted on Youtube if your interested. :) My Youtube user name is Tiff45176.

I hope this helped :)

Tiff M.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I am currently doing Lean, do you think I should start classic in Phase 2?
  • flair4fit
    flair4fit Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi klouttit,

I am a personal trainer and I am also doing P90X. I initially gained a few pounds when I started P90X, which is when I got on Myfitnesspal to journal my food intake. Then I started losing, but it's been a lot of work, and I've also had to add extra cardio days (if you only do the basic P90X one time a day that's only 2 days of cardio a week). Make sure you are eating the right amount of calories--don't go too low, because your body will tend to hold onto what extra fat it does have. It does take time for the body to show changes, especially if you don't have a lot to lose in the first place, and you typically have to work harder to see changes than someone who has more weight to lose.

Don't lose faith in the system, it does work, and if you keep at it you will see results (you've already seen strength and flexibility results), and you probably have results that you can't "see" like lower cholesterol, lower resting heart rate.... It's always going to take longer to see results in your "problem" areas. For me, it's my thighs and hips. Keep your expectations realistic for your body type, but keep working to be YOUR best.
  • jcubesmommy
    Options
    I hold all my weight in my tummy too and I didn't see much difference until around day 45
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I didnt notice a change until around day 60, and I didnt really notice but my husband did. I couldnt see a big change until I took pictures and compared to my before.
    Just keep up your hard work, it will pay off!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I didnt notice a change until around day 60, and I didnt really notice but my husband did. I couldnt see a big change until I took pictures and compared to my before.

My husband says I look smaller but I think he's just saying that!

Should I move to Classic?
  • HealthyPr10
    HealthyPr10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im just on day 8 so I have a long way to go. I am just going to stick with it to the end, but my husband is already calling it PX180 because he says were going to do it for 6 months rather than 3
  • sjcply
    Options
    If he says you are smaller then you prolly are. You are atleast getting more taught and toned.

what I found with lean vs classic is the lean has a bit more cardio, classic is more toning and muscle strengthening. If you dont have alot of weight to lose and just want to tone and get in shape then I would do classic, but if you are wanting to lose weight I would do lean (I added some extra cardio in on some days) I like the lean better than classic, BUT I love Plyometrics, so I do lean and add plyo to it sometimes.

Make sure you are eating enough calories and make them clean calories, watch your sodium and drink water water water!

Just keep pushing play and you will see your results!
  • sjcply
    Options
    also have you thought about changing your protein/carb ratio? Do you lose better with more protein or carbs? I found that I really started losing more when I changed my ratio to 40% protein, 30% carb, 30% fat. just a thought, we are all different.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

My husband says I look smaller but I think he's just saying that!

Should I move to Classic?

I did my first round as P90X Lean but I was quite out of shape and overweight. For you, considering that you are already quite fit and lean (at 127 pounds), I think you'll get better results if you go to the Classic rotation which includes 3 days/week of both strength training and ab work.

I tend to consider Lean as P90X "Light" and Classic as the rotation that the majority of people should use.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my third round of P90X (over the course of two years). What I feel I've gotten from P90X is improvement in flexibility and upper-body strength, but other than that, I haven't experienced impressive results in weight or fat loss. I have, however, experienced those results, along with much stronger legs, from Slim in 6 and Slim Series. I can't really explain why my P90X results aren't as great as other people's, especially when I can achieve great fat-loss results with other programs, but it still has been beneficial to my overall fitness. I wouldn't have done it a third time if I didn't think it was. I went into this round not expecting to lose any weight, even though I've been as diligent as always with my food. I'll expect to lose my last few pounds with Slim Series after this round of X is is done. I don't know if my experience helps you any, but I wanted you to know you're not alone and that I think you're still doing great things for your body by doing P90X!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello new to p90x here 5 day kempo coming tonight
  • MissyMorganFit
    Options
    There are so many good responses here to your questions. How awesome this website is to be able to have the support from others willing to give it!
    I too have been a trainer for years. I simply want to add that I completed Classic in the winter & about to complete Lean. Lean is definitely my fave . In comparing the two, Classic caused me to gain weight though I understand it was muscle. However, I was NOT looking to increase in size thus my reason for trying Lean. This round, I have lost 10lbs that others said I did not have to lose! I am truly leaning up into the look I personally desire & excited about it!
    Others here are correct in saying give it time. DONT GIVE UP! The true physical changes are not generally noticed until after completing phase 2. I definitely suggest staying with Lean. Also, I know you have come along way with your daily diet; however, keep in mind to eat plenty of vegetables & drink plenty of water! "Abs are made in the kitchen".....meaning 80% of our diet makes up our tummy area. I cannot stress enough how important this is. Try hard not to give in to fast foods, & eat as natural & healthy as possible. NO processed foods.
    Stick with it! Your efforts will soon shine through, & you will be so glad you did!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that today is graduation day (day 90) - In my experience, you absolutely have to have FAITH in the program. I went into this with the attitiude of: I'm already this weight so if I stay this weight but am more muscle than fat, so what!

Well...I have absolutely no idea what my weight is, but the last time I checked (I don't weigh generally), I was about the same weight. Although, my pants are 10's & when I started 90 days ago, I was wearing 14's - a little loose, but I was def not a 12.

The most progress I saw was in the last phase - I started seeing some muscle definition around day 45 - then from 60 to 90, I was feeling pretty good about all the changes. Again, I haven't weighed that often, because the evil scale lies - esp when you are doing an intense program like P90X.

You have to trust the program - it does work - even after day 90, because of the work you did to gain muscle mass, you will continue to burn more in the long run.

HTH (& made sense)
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    kenpo x done !!! it kicked *kitten* love it !!!!:love:
    " GIVE 110% OR GIVE IT TO SOMEONE THAT WILL !! "