Hi I've just joined

Options
Hi I've just joined and would like to make some friends with people who are supportive. I have about 10 stone to loose and find dieting very hard, any advice and support would be much appreciated. Sarah

Replies

• family_girl2626
    Options
    My advice is to take it one day at a time. If you don't manage to do well one day, tomorrow is a band new start. Don't beat yourself up over anything but take the praises you are going to get. This isn't a diet but a lifestyle change. You can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    My advice is to take it one day at a time. If you don't manage to do well one day, tomorrow is a band new start. Don't beat yourself up over anything but take the praises you are going to get. This isn't a diet but a lifestyle change. You can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is all completely accurate and very well said. Welcome to a new start! Please free to add me if you need moral support!
  • DiamondHC
    Options
    Hi I have just joined also my name is Heather and I want to lose around a stone and a half, I will be watching all the wonderful tips people post I am doing a 45 min aqua aerobics class weekly a 45 min weight training in the gym weekly swimming around three times a week, and walking my dog daily for between 30 mins to an hour. my problem is tailoring my diet to help me lose weight so I am just finding my way around this site any tips would be appreciated.
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have been on here since February....this is a wonderfully supportive site. Anyone can feel free to add me. I have learned a few things along the way...I am no expert, but I can be supportive. :smile:
  • teresaturnbull
    Options
    I've also just joined, feel free to add me, i've got 8 stone to lose x
  • mechelle2012
    mechelle2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just joined the last few days.
    I have been tracking my regular diet for the first few days and BOY I got my eyes opened.
    I got horrible eating habits.
    I have an extremely bad back and am off work!
    I normally am on my feet 12-15 hours a day for 6 days a week!
    So my activity level has disappeared to say the least.
    I need help to get 90 pounds off!! Yes 90!
    If I had that off, I would be so much more content with myself and happier.
    If you have any tips, throw them my way please
  • sjoaquin
    sjoaquin Posts: 63
    Options
    I joined last week and its been really hard for me, I'm trying and its a start never really dieted in my life but now im trying to watch what i eat i have alot of weight to loss but its one step at a time. feel free to add me i need support :)
  • amiemariej
    amiemariej Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi hunny I joined today with 3 stone to loose... done 4 diets so far this year and decided I need to stop doing diets and change my lifestyle! Good Luck and feel free to add me xx
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Best advice I can give is view this as a lifestyle change, eating healthy, exercise instead of a diet. Take it slow and try and make healthy choices everyday. Starting small is ok : ). Good luck!
  • kaysee1960
    Options
    Joined last week, was going to Weightwatchers but was fed up of their ProPoints system, felt I was eating too much and was going weeks without losing any weight (plus it's not cheap) and in my first week here, I lost 3 and a half pounds! I love how just about every food imaginable is in the data base, it makes filling out your meals for the day so easy:smile: Feel free to add me as well, it's good to have people in the same situation and we can support each other!
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is my second week and I'm enjoying it so far. Feel free to add me :)
  • pongwiffy1991
    Options
    Get an exercise routine at home e.g. fitness dvd or I bought a stepper. I joined the gym several times and never went because didn't like to think people were looking at me, or lacked motivation to actually get up and go! having the stepper at home is more convenient and no one sees me exercising!
  • blondy2013
    blondy2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I joined yesterday and have 6 st to lose xx
  • lindylou1957
    lindylou1957 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi i have also just joined....need to lose 4 stone...my son has recently lost weight so ive got to show him i can do it too!!!!
  • Josh_92_
    Josh_92_ Posts: 23
    Options
    Ive just joined, add me :)
  • dimlights
    Options
    I've just joined as well! Just want to lose some weight and get toned for summer :)