90 pounds down

Options
breezylou2
breezylou2 Posts: 61 Member
I'm nervous about sharing the story behind why I am here. I am not looking for sympathy or fishing for anything, I am just telling my story. On August 12,2012, I had an emergency c-section. I almost died due to a ruptured uterus, and losing a lot of blood. My newborn son did die. I sat with him for 4 days in the hospital willing him to live, but he didn't. So after losing my son and my uterus, and almost dying and leaving my living children with no mother, I decided that I needed to get in shape. The horrible grief and depression that followed made it a slow start, but when I got my pictures from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, I realized that the only pictures I would ever ever have of my son and I together, I would be fat in them. I don't want my living kids to look back and wonder why mommy isn't in any of their pictures or be embarrassed of how big I am in them. I want to be proud of the way I look, so my kids can be proud of the way they look. I want to earn self confidence and raise my self esteem. I never want to look at the pictures of me and my son and feel embarrassed again. I want to look at those pictures and think about how beautiful he was and how far he pushed me to become who I needed to be. How he is the reason that I am happy now and not the reason I am sad. He is the reason I push myself. I push myself for him because I know its what he wants from me.

ABZYZU4l.jpg

Replies

• Lisa38__
    Lisa38__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:

You are doing amazing and look great.
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry for the lose of your son. But so happy that you used it as an eye opening experience you look awesome
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss.. There is nothing that can be said that will ever take that kind of pain away but I am happy to hear that you used that pain to live. Your son will always look down on you and guide you and his siblings. Keep up the great work! Everyday that you push yourself your kids are cheering you on no matter where they are! Best of luck on your continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wonderful success :)
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your little son, it's a terribly hard thing to come to terms with. How wonderful that you are choosing to honour him in such a constructive way and well done on losing so much weight, it's an excellent achievement.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work, your kids have an amazing mommy!!! Good job!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!