Red Lobster Choices?

Options
Uh oh...my daughter's birthday is Wednesday and she has chosen Red Lobster as her restaurant of choice. Any suggestions as to what I should order? I'm on a low calorie/fat diet.

Replies

• Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options

^^^This, Most chain Restaurants have their nutritional info on the website.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Lobster pizza!!! Or check the NI on their website. :smile:
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Their salad is really good (coming from someone who hates salad).
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    Don't be afraid to ask how things are prepared and request changes. Seafood is good for you, but request it steamed or without butter. Even if there isn't something on the menu that is within your goals, I can't imagine they would deny you a steamed or baked salmon filet and steamed veggies. With something like that you even have room for a cheddar biscuit or small piece of birthday cake.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Red Lobster is one of the easiest places to keep on track. Stick with foods from off of the fresh fish menu, use vegetable sides, and don't have any of those tempting biscuits.

OR

Since it's your daughter's birthday, call it a cheat day, don't stress, and enjoy yourself. I promise there is nothing you can do in the span of one single meal that will throw off weeks or months worth of progress.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I figured they must have a nutritional chart. I just thought maybe there might be some tips about ordering, i.e. optimal combinations of items, etc.

Sometimes you well established dieters are able to offer up some 'tricks of the trade' when ordering out. :drinker:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Since it's your daughter's birthday, call it a cheat day, don't stress, and enjoy yourself. I promise there is nothing you can do in the span of one single meal that will throw off weeks or months worth of progress.
    [/quote]

This - celebrations are just that. Don't stress about one meal and show your daughter that the celebration is about her and not about the food! That being said, you can still make wise decisions and not go completely off track. I love their biscuits so I would have a biscuit and choose something grilled from the menu, then ask if I could have a bite of someone's dessert to top it all off.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I agree with choosing off the fresh fish menu! Request your selection be grilled with very little butter or oil, and for God's sake, stay AWAY from the biscuits!! They're like 150+ calories a piece!
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I skip the yummy cheddar biscuits... have a green salad, crab legs or lobster tail & broccoli. If I'm splurging I have the biscuits, fried clams and key lime pie in addition to the crab legs. = )
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Anything from their grilled menu is fabulous! AND very low cal.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Try food > database and search 'red lobster" you'll see some of their menu choices come up here entered by your fellow users of MFP. You can check any that you think you'd order if you're familiar enough with the chain to know what say the admirals feast is (breaded and deep-fried shrimp, scallops etc etc)
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Red Lobster is one of the easiest places to keep on track. Stick with foods from off of the fresh fish menu, use vegetable sides, and don't have any of those tempting biscuits.

OR

^^^This is also a good Idea. It's a special occasion, log it and if you are over, you are over,no biggie. And....How can you not eat a Red Lobster Cheese Biscuit?!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My daughters (turning 6) bday party is at a play place here that will be serving pizza.. guess what Saturday is for mommy... completely over my calories and eating pizza/cake :)

It is one day.. it belongs to her and I am not even going to bother with trying to figure that out LOL I will work out and whatever happens, happens :)
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I noticed that Red Lobster has a low calorie/fat menu (Lighthouse) that will be a great help. And I think I will juggle my calories so I can add a biscuit. They are so delish! :tongue:
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The roasted veggies are really good as well as the steamed broccoli. I usually have salad with blueberry balsamic vinaigrette dressing (you gotta ask for that one). I order grilled lobster, scallops and shrimp and have them hold the rice pilaf so I can enjoy 2 veggie sides. One biscuit is fine and I usually have a glass of wine too. Great meal and not guilt. I personally don't do cheat days since I have undergone a lifestyle change and am not on a diet! Have a great time.