why do you what wanna get in shape?

Options
what gets you in the gym? your motivation?

For me I'm about to go in the navy and wanna be in the best shape of my life before I go. For too long Ive beenable to pass off looking fit with my medium shirts and skinny jeans but once the clothes come off I'm just not satisfied with what I see in the mirror. I wanna get those abs, wanna flex those arms. But most of all I just wanna look in the mirror and say,"I did it!!"

Replies

• hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I want to be what I have never been: in shape and a healthy weight. My motivation to get my butt to the gym is that, and when i lack that I take classes 4 times a week with friends, so they are always expecting me to be at the gym at least 4 times a week.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I want to be strong. Its as simple as that; I love seeing the improvements and I love being able to do more.
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to play with any future grandchildren!! I had become such a couch potato and didn't realize how out of shape I was until I quit smoking...for some reason, I felt so much better after putting the tobacco aside, I decided it was time to get in shape and healthy (and a recent 48th birthday made me realize I'm pushing 50)!!
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I figure spending about 2/3+ of my life being obese is enough and I want to get that number down.

Also I want to have kids someday and A.want to have the energy to play with them, and B. Want to live to see them grow up.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Because being too fat and too tired to do the things I want to do sucked.

Life is better without limits :bigsmile:
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Because i want to get in shape and keep in shape, to improve my overall health.

plus im slightly addicted to exercise !
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Because I want to live to see my children and grandchildren grow up!

And to be honest, I want to be able to wear pretty clothes and not feel self-conscious!
  • buffyfan22
    Options
    A few reasons but there are mainly two; 1. To wear whatever clothes I want and look good. And 2. I am going to see my ex in about 7 months once I return to my home country. I want to look hot.

I know the second reason is messed up but hey, motivation is motivation. Honestly, that is what's driving me the most. I am ashamed! Lol. Anyway, good luck everyone!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I want people - myself included - who see me without a shirt to go "Oooh!" instead of "Ewww!"

I wanted to head off where my weight gain was headed before I became able to clap my back fat.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    because i'm one of those insanely, hyper (thou fat) women that love to exercise n without it cabin fever sets in...... i hate not being able to train, i have to run, i have to be doing something and the fitter i am the less likely i am to get injured (injury time is the worst)
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    Mostly I just want to feel strong and beautiful, but also:
    To feel more confident, especially in professional clothes.
    To have a healthy pregnancy, when/if the time comes.
    To be a good example to my kids when/if I have them.
    To have more energy.
    To not still stress about my weight when I'm 95 (my Granny still complains about being fat.)
    To not have to buy bigger pants.
    To support my husband, who is in police academy and trying to get in shape for that. We need to establish healthier patterns now, and maintain them so he stays fit as a police officer. His life might depend on it.
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be a fat barrel racer. The lighter you are the faster your horse can run. I want to be a very competitive barrel racer, because I bought a horse who can run fast. So I needed to lose weight, plus I want to do a real push up for once in my life!
  • marksvizz
    marksvizz Posts: 33
    Options
    I want to get in shape for one person, ME!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I wanna get in shape because I can and WILL!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I AM IN SHAPE!

Round is a shape.
    Pear is a shape.
  • gymboreejunkie
    gymboreejunkie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My motivation started when I wanted to bring my family to Disney. I said to myself that I will book our next family trip to Disney when I lose 40 lbs. What started out as self motivation for me to lose the weight has transformed into a goal for the entire family.

My husband has lost weight with me. My children are no longer asking to eat at McDonald's (well, not as often) and we are enjoying more home cooked family meal times together. My children even help encourage me when I'm running or working out. It's been great!

I even ran a 5k on Thanksgiving morning in 2012. Something I NEVER thought I would do. I always said I would only run if someone was chasing me. Before then it would have been a short chase, but now I'm much faster and love running.

I was near goal, hit a looooong plateau and lost motiviation over the winter. I am now back on track and renewed my Disney family goal. Even though my kids don't know it, we are planning on registering for the Royal Family 5k in February of next year at WDW. Having goals, even distant ones, will keep me focused and my family on track.

Loving this journey and the positive results it has had on my entire family!
  • bloodedflowers
    Options
    I've always had weight issues but mine related to anorexia which I suffered from twice at the ages of 6 and 13. The second time I recovered my weight ended up creeping up thanks to a relationship with an unsavory (and now ex) partner, I also made the mistake of going on the implant which caused my weight to rocket up to almost 12 stone in less than a month!
    It's been a struggle to get things back to normal since then I was also recently diagnosed with PCOS last year which makes losing weight even harder. :/

Anyway sorry for babbling it's a bad habit! I have a few motivations:
    1. I want to be able to look in the mirror and ALWAYS feel happy with my weight. Right now sometimes I feel good about it and other times I see myself and don't want to leave my house out of embarrassment.
    2. PCOS gives my a higher chance of developing type 2 diabetes in the future and apparently makes me somewhat more susceptible to weight gain (though I'm not sure how) so I figure getting this undercontrol now while I am only a few pounds overweight would be better than waiting until it's more severe.
    3. I'm leaving the country properly for the first time (minus a weekend trip to germany with my school once) and going to Florida and I want to feel good when I have to bare all in a bikini. ^_^

I'm not going to lie though, even with these reasons in mind I still find it hard to muster the desire to exercise some days. :/
  • bloodedflowers
    Options
    A few reasons but there are mainly two; 1. To wear whatever clothes I want and look good. And 2. I am going to see my ex in about 7 months once I return to my home country. I want to look hot.

I know the second reason is messed up but hey, motivation is motivation. Honestly, that is what's driving me the most. I am ashamed! Lol. Anyway, good luck everyone!

Haha I love the second motivation!! I think I need to add that to my motivation list to. I hate running into my ex's and knowing I am way chubbier than when I was with them!
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married this fall, so I originally wanted to be in better shape just for that. Now that I've been eating healthier and working out (some lol), I want to stick with it because I feel and look better. My hair and skin are healthier, my asthma has vanished, I feel better about how clothes fit me...etc. I still have some serious work to do, especially in the exercise department, but my results so far are pushing me to not stop. I can become a better me. Best of luck to you!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    One of the main reasons; Reshan. Gorgeous chestnut Arabian gelding. If I can't ride, he is wasting his life here.