Time of the month

Options
Hey...Just wondered if any other women find that they're starving when they have their period? I've planned all my meals out today but I can tell that 1200kcals isn't going to be enough! Any tips? Thanks

Replies

• sharonsylvester
    sharonsylvester Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    exercise and then you can eat your exercise calories.
  • HeatherBurke
    HeatherBurke Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm never able to stay at my calories during my week... (which is now).. therefore I never lose during that week. I'm lucky if I don't gain. I could totally eat a horse and it is genuine hunger not just being bored or anything like that.. It's totally not fair.
  • joannasaurusrex
    Options
    I read that you burn an extra 200 calories a day when on your period. Even if it's not that much - your metabolism definitely increases, so it makes sense that you'll be hungrier. I try and avoid extra eating on my period because I like to think I'm getting more calories for my exercise but if I'm really hungry I will - your body is craving it because you need it.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! My appetite doubles thanks to T:noway: M! I just exercise more so I have more calories to eat! :laugh:
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    I definitely feel like eating more at TOM....(like NOW! :grumble: ) I have been craving sweets which is a bit unusual for me. I have managed to stay within my calorie goal and make sure I fit my daily icecream treat in at the end of the day. But like sharon sylvester suggested....excercise so you can gobble up those calories as well!! Good Luck :happy:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Oooooh yea - I definately notice a difference on my TOM week! When you do this long enough you start to see the patterns in your weight loss and they definately correspond to TOM.

Aren't we women so lucky? LOL
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    FOR SURE!!! I want to eat everything in the house. What I do each night is go into my closet and put on something super tight that I want to wear so that encourages me not to eat extra! It really works!
  • redbedhead
    redbedhead Posts: 53
    Options
    Nope I do not want to eat more during my period. However the 5 days before it starts I crave SUGAR! I want twizlers, and carmel, and jelly beans, and spice drops. I can't eat sugar without getting violently ill, so I don't do it but boy the cravings drive me nuts! thank god for sugar free life savers!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I always crave sweets during that time! And what are you guys talking about exercise during?? I can barely move!!
    I'm with you ellie I need help
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, nothing in my cupboard is safe during my TOM. I give myself a little slack when the cravings hit, and I try to trim calories off the other days in the week. I figure I am dedicated the other 27 days of my cycle; I'm not going to beat myself up over one day!
  • ellie_1989
    ellie_1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    haha yes I second that...there's no way I can exercise...unfortunately I suffer a lot with mine. They're so heavy and I get lots of pain! It's a nightmare :( But I'm thinking if I'm hungry I'll eat and then I will definately be skipping my next period lol too much hassle! :P
  • mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I can't even stand to look at food for those 3 days. The day before though I'll crave chocolate cake so much so that I'll dream of it. After that, I dont want anything at all. The sight and smell of food makes me sick.
  • losingnow
    losingnow Posts: 82
    Options
    I get super hungry for the first 3 days of mine. I eat everything in sight, but since mine last for 10 days each I try and be careful the rest of the days and I usually pig out the first three days. I have never gained but never lost either:(
  • ellie_1989
    Options
    Wow I wish I couldn't stand food during my TOM...It has been a nightmare for me the last 3 days! I've been over by quite a lot Thursday and Friday. Today I'm over already but I doubt it's going to be as much as yesterday. I'm not too worried cause I'm eating what I'd usually eat before this and when I did that I didn't lose weight but I didn't gain either so I figure I can get back on track soon :)
    But I mean I thought I'd get cravings but this is genuine hunger....SERIOUS hunger to the point of feeling sick...can't believe it haha! Definately missing next months lol!
  • tabrinaennis
    Options
    I get the worst cravings too. All sugar and carbs of all varieties. I also have a lot of cramping so after work I sort of clock out at home too. I go to bed real early. That usually helps me form eating up the entire house.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    lets see in the last 45min ive eaten cucumber salad, cashews, a mini bag of kettle popcorn, and a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. and i havent been able 2 excercise cause i just cant- 2days in a row. so 1200 cal 2day? i doubt it. but i figure that im at a 1000 cal deficet per day and im very diligent the rest of the month. SO SCREW IT! im still eating healthy for the most part these are my cheat days
  • ellie_1989
    Options
    It's great to be back on track today! :) Only had 3 days of being insane lol. I can definately afford that!
  • Nicolletta
    Nicolletta Posts: 70
    Options
    Absolutely! My appetite doubles thanks to T:noway: M! I just exercise more so I have more calories to eat! :laugh:

This. :tongue:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I get the worst cravings too. All sugar and carbs of all varieties. I also have a lot of cramping so after work I sort of clock out at home too. I go to bed real early. That usually helps me form eating up the entire house.

Hmmm going to bed early is a great tip!