Tame the tongue

Options
Have you ever thought about why you let yourself get so out of shape?

I have, I look at pictures of how I used to look an I think omygoodness... Why did I do this to myself? I thought it was nothing wrong... so I just bought bigger clothes and tried to hide behind them...

I guess eating food was just a favorite thing to do... But now I am learning that it is better to sacrifice and not eat as much... Food is really good while it is in your mouth, yes it taste really good, but then the consequences of it far out weigh the taste of it... Well, too much of it... Why are the things that really taste good really not good for you... This may be God's way of showing us that life is about contentment, not so much about satisfaction... We can not eat until we are satisfied, because your satisfaction may depend upon the kind of day that we had or if there is something wrong in your life.
MFP friends, it's not about taste buds, don't let your tongue turn into your enemy... For the tongue passes the food to the rest of your body and that is where the real damage happens... Be content with moderation of eating and not satisfied with over indulgence...

Just sharing
Don

Replies

• Dusti_Renee
    Options
    Don, so true and beautifully written!
    I've been praying about this subject. I don't think God created food for us to constantly have a celebration in our mouths! A celebration or feast occasionally is ok but in our society, we've tamed our tongue to want it daily. I'm praying for a lot more contentment!
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    So, right! Thank you!
  • shules82
    shules82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well put, my friend.
  • lovetodance
    Options
    Amen. I think if we think of food as a fuel for our body instead of a source of entertainment or pleasure, we would all be much better off.
  • lfinley2010
    lfinley2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am starting to really think about food before i eat it just like taming your mouth on things to say there is a time and place for everything. Am i really hungry or just thirsty, do i really need it or i just know its in the kitchen, do i really need that chocolate or a hug.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You are so right. Great post.
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    Definitely something to really ponder. You know studies have shown that after the first 2 or 3 bites you're not really tasting your food anymore.
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Don, so true and beautifully written!
    I've been praying about this subject. I don't think God created food for us to constantly have a celebration in our mouths! A celebration or feast occasionally is ok but in our society, we've tamed our tongue to want it daily. I'm praying for a lot more contentment!

I love this statement! We do look at food as a constant celebration. It was brought up in a Weight Watchers meeting once a long time ago. That just because you are eating out doesn't mean it's time to celebrate and for some reason that is how I looked at it for years. Maybe cause when I was a kid the eating out was few and far between and it was a big deal. Now I'm just a working mom and we eat out cause I don't have time or there's no food in the house to cook. I hate that about me and it's one of the things I'm working on changing. I want to offer my children good healthy meals. I want to make better decisions about what crosses the tongue and believe me what comes out of my mouth needs some work too :happy:

I agree, very well written
    thumbs up!