appetite supressant

Options
Hello, does anyone have a suggestion for an over the counter appetite supressant that has worked for them? Thanks

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Water.

^^This
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    High protein foods.

You can get them at the butcher counter.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    High protein foods.

^^And THIS!

Along with nuts, peanut butter, good carbs and fats. In other words, FOOD! :tongue:

Any pill form appetite suppressant isn't worth it. Are you going to take it forever? What happens when you stop?
  • Achilles9
    Options
    Eating an apple before a meal works wonders - seriously - try it. Adding some Benefiber to a glass of water before a meal can work too. I like it because it is completely tastless and grit free. When I say before a meal I usually do it about 30 min prior to allow time for my brain to register from my stomach.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    High protein foods.

Exactly what I was thinking.
    This, and a good dose of will power.

I took phentermine and realized that I was treating a symptom not solving a problem.
    Once you're done taking the magic pills, your appetite comes back.

To answer your question more directly, I have never seen someone have long term awesome results using an over the counter pill.
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I find that green tea really helps a lot. I will make a cup just when I start feeling a little hungry.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Images.google.com

Search: Anything that is medically related.

Results: Not wanting to eat anything until you clear the pictures from your mind.
  • Sdfarrow13
    Options
    Great suggestions all! I know i need more protein in my diet.
  • HippieMomma86
    HippieMomma86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use Yogi green tea when I feel like binging, it also helps me keep my calories low if I have it with a meal or right before eating.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Caffeine works for me, but not for everyone. Water. Food usually does a pretty good job suppressing my appetite too (sorry, couldn't resist).
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    come in my office and let me cough this flu virus i got on you....you wont wanna eat for 3 days
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Spices (like cinnamon, cayenne) caffeine, and water. Dairy doesn't give me cravings, so yogurt and cottage cheese always on hand.
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I would add veggies to the protien suggestion. bulk with few calories! Don't throw your money away, it's important to learn to eat right in a sustainable way so that the weight will stay off. Also, get out and exercise, then you'll have exercise calories you can eat back! Sorry if you're frustrated by not getting the answer you were looking for, but I promise these are the most helpful answers you'll find. You can do this, and you don't need a pill to make it happen.

Also, as previous poster said, cinnamon, it's actually been shown in recent studies to help maintain blood sugar at a lower level, and therefore reduce apetite some. On top of being yummy and not a wierd chemical!
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Always keep water easily available.

I find that having a Nutri-Grain bar helps me along in the mornings between breakfast and lunch if i get hungry or have the munchies.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    raspberry ketones...
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    raspberry ketones...

• CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    raspberry ketones...

not nice, but funny

Fiber works great
  • Chilliwack86
    Options
    I've been using Swiss Natural Apple Cider & Green Tea Caplets. 90/$9.99
    They have been working wonders for appetite supressant, and I've noticed my skin clearing up too....
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Coffee and apples work as a supressant for me. I dont necessarily think that its good that I drink 2 cups of coffee for breakfast (instead of actually eating), but I dont intend to give that up so . . . . it is what it is.

Apples are great (for me) to have on hand because when I get the munchies, it keeps from going to the vending machines.