open diaries 1200 calories a day

Options
Hi is anyones diary open I can add for 1200 calories a day.. i would love some ideas!

thanks

Replies

• BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    me!!

Although I should let you know that I eat little during the day - either a small lunch or small breakfast, but rarely both. Then I usually eat whatever I want for dinner (healthy stuff, of course!) and I don't have to worry about going over calories.

Dinner is my favorite meal and it's also the hardest to plan. I never know if my family will be having dinner or not and I also since I'm in the dating scene I go out for dinner dates quite a bit.

Also, I occasionally drink wine & beer. And so Friday & Saturdays when I know I'll be drinking I don't eat a lot at all because I know the alcohol calories will add up and my friends will end up ordering food while we're out. It's hard to measure calories but if it seems like I've been eating more than I should I will take an extra walk with the dog or so.

It works for me now but I know this type of lifestyle would have NEVER worked with my 'old' self. It's not easy, and may not be extremely healthy, but it works.

I eat a LOT of greek yogurt for protein, I love eating sweet potatoes just baked in the microwave, green beans, and mostly plain foods. I also like to make smoothies from bananas and yogurt as a meal.

Hope this helps!
  • karisul1
    karisul1 Posts: 50
    Options
    I am, however I just started last week so you won't have much to reference yet.
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. mine is open to my friends :)
  • AlFreebs
    AlFreebs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I stay below 1240 cals religiously during the week, but it is a little lax during the week. Feel free to check it out! :smile:
  • Suffer4beauty
    Suffer4beauty Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you keep your food to this basic balance, you will typically stay low-cal:

Breakfast: 1 to 2 ounces protein (like one hard boiled or scrambled egg or one Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patty or 2 thin slices of Farmer John's Canadian Bacon slices)
    1 serving of starch (that is 15 grams of carbs) - Depending on the bread, this is one piece of toast. Or you can have a half serving of oatmeal (add cinnamon or a TOUCH of jelly to make taste sweeter). Also, Trader Joe's has this fabulous mini fiber cakes (muffin section) that are only 80 calories. They are actually 22 grams of carbs - but their is a LOT of fiber, which makes the higher grams of carbs not-so-bad.

Snack:
    1 serving of fruit - or enough fruit to equal 45 to 60 calories - depending on the fruit, this changes. For example 2.5 ounces of blueberries (1/2 cup or so) is 45 calories, 3 oz. of banana is 54 calories, etc.
    60 to 100 calories of protein, like almonds or cheese sticks

Lunch:
    1 to 2 ounces protein
    1 to servings veggies (the plainer, the lower-cal they will be - so sad. )
    1 serving of dairy (milk or greek yogurt - and greek yogurt could be all you need for the protein too)
    2 servings of starch - like 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes or 1/2 potatoe, or 1/2 cup corn, or a dinner roll, or 1/2 baked beans (yes, beans are a starch).

Snack - same as above

Dinner - same as lunch

Mostly, if you control your starch intake (don't count starch/carbs in "regualr" veggies - corn and green beans and potatoes are not "regular" veggies because they breakdown easily to sugars like bread and therefor count as "starches") and eat more veggies than fruit (since fruit has a lot of natural sugars), you will do pretty well.
  • helloheatherbray
    helloheatherbray Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...my diary is open to friends.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    you can look at mine and you will notice I am ALL over the place. (Please ignore my booze-filled weekend binges...I struggle)
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add -- only open to friends.
  • samanthasophie
    Options
    1200 is my goal, sometimes I fluctuate and I do balance with exercise.
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Me too! Like the post before mine, I eat lightly during the day and have a hearty home cooked meal in the evening with a supper snack of sweet wafers to satisfy my sweet tooth. I rarely go over my 1200 but only because I only eat if I am hungry and dont see the point of forcing foor in if I dont really want it. I do prepare all my food myself and have some good home recipes if you'd like - you wont find any fast foods in my diary.
  • kuroneko1313
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • chbruns
    chbruns Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • burnt_irish1
    burnt_irish1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    my diary is open to friends, so anyone can friend me if they would like :flowerforyou:
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm at 1320 but try to keep around 1200.:drinker:
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm right around 1290 a day and my diary should be open. I've only got a couple days logged in though because I'm switching from MyNetDiary so I can integrate with the FitBit Flex when it comes out. Looking forward to that!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    my diary is open, but you would have to go back to at least Jan to see 1200 calories. I have been on maintenance since Feb when I reached my GOAL :)
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You might notice my weekends are always blank. I tend to forget to log in on the weekends..... :happy:
  • lovelymrsbasham
    Options
    Hey there! :) I eat between 1000-1400 cals per day (also fluctuates a bit depending on exercise and stuff) feel free to add me anyone :)