Why does it hurt?

Options
I have been working out really hard lately, so in order to prevent my muscles from aching I have been loading up on some supplements recommended by a formidable site that i wont mention. These supplements consist of different amino acids and other recovery type aids. So, the good news is that my muscles feel fine...However, there are other parts of my body that are sore and hurt like hell and im not sure why? For instance, the area to the right of my left leg and to the left of my right leg is KILLING me..not so much on my lower abs or my upper thighs, but the area right in between there...Please help if you can.

Replies

• Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    Is the area swollen?

For a couple 100 you could get that remedied....it might be half off day.

Would you say the area is blue?

Right there? Or a little more to the left?
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    yea it is a little swollen...how did you know? Have you experienced this before? I did have a crazy weekend a couple of days ago....do you think that may have something to do with it?
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    Could have broke it...

Instead of the are being swollen, is it shrinking?
    Poor little guy may never function again.
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    Could have broke it...

it might be broken. Do you know of some way to "revive" it? Do you think if it were bigger it wouldnt hurt so much?
  • Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    I hear massaging with your hand can help relieve discomfort...have you tried that?
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Pain is merely weakness trying to leave your body. You don't really NEED the supplements, they aren't that potent for the most part (although can't rule out placebo effect), the aches and stuff subside after a couple weeks as your body gets used to being something other than idle and unused.

Dont get me wrong, supplements are good, just have to be done smart (else you will LITERALLY pi.ss your money away), and with the understanding that its a strategic type thing that has its effect over years, not over days/weeks.

EDIT: now that i read the whole thing. hahaha! wait until you start incorporating regular biking, then the area behind your area will be very sore for a while.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I've never had issues with soreness but my boyfriend does-- he takes potassium supplements before working out and whenever he does, he doesn't get sore or cramp up.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    You should probably get tested. I think someone might have lied to you about their "history".
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Drink water do light cardio on non-lifting days and stretch + foam roll as much as possible.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Could have broke it...

it might be broken. Do you know of some way to "revive" it? Do you think if it were bigger it wouldnt hurt so much?

LOL you guys have me literally CRYING at work!! TOO FUNNY!!
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    I hear massaging with your hand can help relieve discomfort...have you tried that?

no i havent tried that yet...should i use my own hand or will that increase the chances of further injury?
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    You should probably get tested. I think someone might have lied to you about their "history".

ah crap i hope not...dont wanna go through that....again...full me thrice, shame on me I guess?
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    Drink water do light cardio on non-lifting days and stretch + foam roll as much as possible.

should i roll that area durectly on to the foam?
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    Maybe if i post pictures of what im talking about someone could help me more?
This discussion has been closed.