In serious need of motivators! Help peeps!

Options
I am trying so hard to stay motivated but as you all know -- it ain't easy! Got about 100lbs to lose (YIKES!!) but starting with the goal of fitting back into clothes from 2 summers ago as a start...and aiming for less jiggle at the beach ;)

Friends needed to check in with and motivate each other. Inspire me! Or just give me the occasional *kitten*-kicking I need. It's all appreciated :)

Replies

• jackiebertram65
    Options
    You have made the first step, you went on this site ! You need to change your life style, are you ready for that ? No more munching on chips, its going to be celery from now on. Are you up for that ? GOOD LUCK !
  • xanapalves
    Options
    Hi

I know what you mean its really nice to have someone motivating us ! I just joined today and I as well hope to loss 100lbs and make friends online so like this we can help one and other :)
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    sent friend request. I'm not afraid to kick anyone's butt as long as they return the favor.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Don't concentrate on the numbers (as in how much you have to lose). Concentrate on feeling better, being healthier, eating better, exercising. With time the weight will come off. That time will pass anyways, so make it count. You can do it!!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME
  • HayleeReichard
    Options
    Add me to! I need some motivation to! I do good then I fall haha :)
  • GLMOC
    GLMOC Posts: 6
    Options
    Motivation is a BIG key to success. I will help you if you help me! I have only benn a member for 1 month and am aready having issues. I am gaining muscle, loosing fat but also at times gaining it. Scares me...I don't want to be a Muscle Woman. Having a hard time with the carbs too, this may be a lot of it. any suggestions on that? I requested friendship. let me know how best to motivate you!
  • xanapalves
    Options
    I am happy to whome ever wants to add me the more friends I have to motive me the better and at the same time I can motive others we can help each other! :)
  • TRamirez70
    Options
    I just joined as well and need to lose 110 lbs., I am so ready to get fit! Rhonnie says it perfectly that the time is going to pass anyways so make it count! You can do it and so can I!
  • rachaelnicole1719
    Options
    I know how to feel wanting to lose 100 lbs. I had lost 185 about 5 years ago and kept it off until i had my daughter 2 years ago and then got comfortable and got heavy again and i am wanting to lose 70-80 lbs myself and starting round too and for me much hader to find the push that i used to have to lose the weight but it's working so far ..So you need motivation I am here for ya :)
  • shapelymomma
    shapelymomma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love it...you sent a SOS and got so many great responses. I'd be happy to be on your team, too! I just got on today to start my food journal. Big step for me, as I'm in denial about how many little "extras" I consume. Let's DO THIS THING!
  • Ajuva
    Ajuva Posts: 2
    Options
    Remember that a lot of the change you get may not be in dropping weight. It's always a good idea to back it up with measurements as sometimes they are changing even when your overall weight isn't.

Good luck to the OP and everyone well wishing on this thread..

Andrew
  • michcat17
    michcat17 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm just coming back to using MFP after a few years....I would love the motivation as well and will be happy to motivate you! It's great to have someone out there coongrats you on successes and when you mess up, help to get you going again! Since I started back up, I have no friends right now so I would love to have them to share stories, motivation and whatever else....
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (waves hands real big right here!!!) I need motivation too I'm getting back on track and looking for friends and finding some great support on here :-)
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think I'm a good friend - I try at least!

Any one feel free to add me if you need a motivational buddy :)
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have about 75 lbs to go myself in my own journey and love having motivating and supportive people to lean on when needed as well, or just to celebrate victories. Feel free to add me! I try to post often and comment and support on posts questions when I can by friends. We are all in this thing together. :)
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I had 108 to lose....97 of those bad boys left! Anyone feel free to add me :flowerforyou: together we can beat the crap outta the fat :tongue:
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I need motivation too; i use to have it and never thought id gain a pound back; but lost the motivation after moving 4 times, 2 failed relationships, unemployment, etc; had lost 104lbs in 13-14 months as of last april; now ive gained 45 of it back (some of it is water weight and muscle gain, but still). im ready to get back in it, i just need more friends because my original friends have mainly fallin off the face of the planet. add me if youd like' if i have accountability with all my friends on here then im less likely to give up.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    HI

You can add me if you need motivation and can equally return it too! :drinker:
  • knackarsch
    Options
    Take measurements! I gained two pounds last week... but lost inches in my belly in that week and my skin is suddenly looking smoother this week. Also, try for baby steps. Don't go cold turkey or you'll burn out fast. Instead of giving up chips completely, put them in a bowl (instead of sitting there with the open bag). And enjoy them! Just not every single day. The quickest way to find myself devouring obscene amounts of junk food is to go cold turkey. Just don't do it!