Why am I so tired???

Options
Hey guys! I have been at this for a little over week now, and I’m doing fairly well. I’m down over 8 lbs which is awesome!!! But I have been absolutely exhausted every day this week, even though I’ve been getting 7 hours of sleep a night. For breakfast I have 1 cup of plain Cheerios and a fat free yogurt. Should I be eating something different in the morning? I’m just not sure what to do, I hate being this tired all the time! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Kauffmann207444
    Options
    I went thru that too. For about the first 2 weeks I felt so so tired...even with adaquate sleep. I just drank an extra cup of coffee in the afternoon....and tried to eat several healthy snacks thruout the day...and then it seemed after that my energy started coming back. Now I feel back to normal. Keep up the hard work! it will be worth it!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are not eating enough, and it is recommended to get 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep per night.
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    Are you exercising every day and wearing out your body? Maybe you need a plain old REST day. And if you're not getting exercise, it can feel great to get a good sweat to make sure your sleep is more restful.

Make sure to get plenty of protein into your day, and have you ever had a problem with low iron levels in your blood? I do, and sometimes fatigue hits. Those are the days I just crave red meat!

I have also come to love Emergen-C vitamin drinks. You'd find them in the supplement aisle at almost any store, and you just add water and have a fizzy drink. The B vitamins in these things make me feel happy and energized!

Good luck to you!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had that too.. I didn't get it either. I'm actually going through it again. For reasons I'm not going ot get into here, I had to stop for a while and once I came back, it took a bit for me to get back with it and it's always a struggle to jump back onto the bandwagon. The last couple of weeks I've been working out daily and it was just yesterday I realized I needed ot drop my calorie intake so today, I'm going to be a little more tired than usual - but now I expect and I expect it to last 7-14 days.

If you don't have your energy back within another 2 weeks, then re-evaluate, is what I'd suggest - possibly talk to your doctor and check your vitamin & mineral levels. These changes can suddenly make masked deficiencies and allergies show up.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    A multi vitamin is a great idea too. A couple months ago I started taking One A Day for Women with Active Lifestyles and I immediately felt better (no more eye drooping at work or falling asleep at the bar...)
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way all the time but i figured mine was from chasing around my 18month old son all the time. Good luck hope you feel better soon
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My friends here on MFP pointed out the reason I was hungry and dragging all morning long was that I wasn't eating enough calories in the morning. SO I added an extra egg to my breakfast and have been much better.
  • MaryBethD
    MaryBethD Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will see how I feel next week, and if I’m still this tired I will try to eat a little more in the morning. I will also start to remember to take my vitamin, I’m horrible with remembering that…. Thank you again for all your feedback, I really appreciate everyone on MFP!
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    I wish I had a great answer for you! I am tired all the time and I hate it. I do all im suppose to but my body needs more then 7 hours of sleep, but thats all i can afford to get. I hope you get some great answers!
  • ReeReeTug
    ReeReeTug Posts: 13
    Options
    I completely understand and feel your pain....I am soooo tired all the time. Unfortunately I know mine is because of lack of sleep but I don't see that changing any time soon so I will try to keep my calories evenly spread out to avoid spikes and lows.
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would agree that a multi vitamin will help you as well since you are shifting the food source you are eating. I have the opposite problem now I cant sleep at night because I am not tired and sluggish any longer. Hang in there because it will get better.
  • Shawna_831
    Shawna_831 Posts: 316
    Options
    http://www.georgiabariatrics.com/tips

Check out #7 on this list of tips. It makes sense to eat more in the morning for the proper fuel your body needs for the day. I am super tired all day as well. I only eat a bowl of cereal and have 1 cup of coffee. I was told to eat more for breakfast to get the energy I need for the day.