EAT to LIVE Diet question

Options
I have tried a one week version of Dr. Furhamd diet plan which Dr. Oz based his challenge on. I lost 4 lbs during that one week challenge. I am currently debating on purchasing the book and trying the diet. My only concern is about the no meat aspect. I love chicken, turkey and fish. I wanted to know if there is anyone out there that tried this diet, but found ways to incorporate meat. My knowledge of the diet is that it limits meat intake during the time of the diet, but afterwards how do being to incorporate some meat products. I know im not going to cut it out completely for the rest of my life but maybe reduce it.

Replies

• mordechaiwelt
    mordechaiwelt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am confident if you read the book and stick to the Eat to Live diet plan for several months, your improved health and vitality will lead you to adopting a strict plant based diet and you will no longer crave animal foods. Good luck.
  • ngrugle0
    ngrugle0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you'll see this or not since you posted a few weeks ago, but Dr. Fuhrman also has a book called Eat for Health which gives different "levels" of his plant-based diet. If you think Eat to Live may be too strict, try that instead. I still eat meat, but only about once a week now and so far on ETL, I've lost 12 pounds in 8 weeks. It's not super fast, but it is EFFORTLESS--no counting calories, no feeling guilty about eating, etc. Give it a shot--it's only a 6-week plan and then you can modify as you like. Good luck!