Truvia - What are your thoughts??

Options
I've turned to using Truvia as a sweetener as apposed to granulated sugar.

What are your thoughts??

Also, what are your thoughts about brown sugar????

Replies

• lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Brown Sugar is one of my favorite Stones tunes.
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have used Truvia for over a year and love it! The only thing I will say, is the few sodas I have had with Truvia were terrible. When using for coffee, tea, etc., it is great.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have found that Agave syrup in coffee/tea is better tasting :0)
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Truvia is made from the Stevia plant. In moderation its fine - but it can give you gas and bloating. I use it for my diabetic husband and myself for desserts.
    It is better than aspartame based or sachharine based sweeteners.
    Brown sugar? Same as white sugar but less refined. If I chose a sugar at all, it would be mollasses but I rarely use it.
  • PTMama0614
    PTMama0614 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I now use truvia too. I was using Splenda for years. I haven't read anything bad about Truvia so would like to know what others think about it.
  • jily310
    jily310 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love Truvia in my coffee and on grapefruits. Brown sugar in my oatmeal and on a sweet potato!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I prefer in the raw version stevia over truvia use it in my coffee!
  • Smittysmama
    Options
    Truvia in grapefruit= yum!! Love it for my tea & coffe too. I use it for lots of stuff...
  • rosalenda
    rosalenda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have found that Agave syrup in coffee/tea is better tasting :0)

I will need to look for some. I hadn't heard about that.. Thnx!

Congrats on the Baby Blessing too by the way DarkFlutter!!! ♥
  • rosalenda
    Options
    I also love it on grapefruit and in tea. Unfortunately I have not been able to give up my liquid Italian Sweet Cream Creamer for my coffee yet... yet.... ;-) Gonna try some of the Agave syrup when I find out where to get it.
  • rosalenda
    Options
    I prefer in the raw version stevia over truvia use it in my coffee!
    I bought the Stevia, but didn't agree with the flavor. There was something there that I didn't care for but thnx! I believe they are both the same when it comes to being better than sugar right???
  • rosalenda
    Options
    Truvia is made from the Stevia plant. In moderation its fine - but it can give you gas and bloating. I use it for my diabetic husband and myself for desserts.
    It is better than aspartame based or sachharine based sweeteners.
    Brown sugar? Same as white sugar but less refined. If I chose a sugar at all, it would be mollasses but I rarely use it.
    Ok I often use it on my grapefruits, which I do eat a lot. About a tsp / half grapefruit. I'll also use it in cereal or tea if I'm not using honey.I haven't tried molasses, but may have to try it in the future..
  • rosalenda
    Options
    I have used Truvia for over a year and love it! The only thing I will say, is the few sodas I have had with Truvia were terrible. When using for coffee, tea, etc., it is great.
    It's a good thing I haven't been tempted to try the soda as I don't care to drink soda at all anymore. Surprising twist from just two years ago when I drank about a six pack per day.. Ugh!! So glad that's not me anymore!!!!!
  • rosalenda
    Options

Brown Sugar is one of my favorite Stones tunes.
    Hahaha!! Never even heard it! lol :-P
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i love stevia powder for my coffee
  • rosalenda
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input & sorry I hadn't reviewed them earlier. I had forgotten that I had even posted this blog. lol It would be nice if they had notifications...

Ya'll are G.R.E.A.T.!!! :-)
  • rosalenda
    Options
    i love stevia powder for my coffee
    That's what I had used and didn't care for. Someone suggested Raw Stevia... I hadn't noticed the two differences, but if Truvia is basically the same thing and I like it - I think I'll just stick to it. :-)
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Truvia is no more natural because it comes from the stevia plant then HFCS that comes from federally subsidized corn. Rebiana is patented by Cargill, we don't really know how the process of changing in from a dipped tea into a crystalized powder and then there's sugar alcohols which is a hydrogenated carbohydrate which they try to tell us is not a sugar at all. (Who knew?) I think a previous poster got this right. You want natural, make the stevia tea yourself.
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I use truvia...love it ice tea...haven't baked with it tho and for some reason not a big fan of putting it in my coffee. I did just try some Blue Sky soda sweetened with truvia and it is good..tried cherry vanilla cream:drinker:
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I don't know the whole background of Truvia, but I'm a huge fan of stevia. Either that or (organic) honey is really all I ever use for a sweetener.
    I also think aspartame needs to be shot off the face of the planet.