30 is around the corner!

Options
I have been using MFP for about a week now, and so far so good. I'm definitely not new to the weight loss game though.

I was teeny tiny in my youth and the pounds have piled on as I have gotten older. I have always been fairly active, but a stressful relationship and surprise pregnancy have left me with 60 unwanted pounds (and that's after having already lost 70 and gaining back 20). I recently found out that I have an intolerance (not an allergy) to wheat/gluten, so I have had to radically alter my diet.

30 is less than 2 years away for me. I'm looking forward to starting a new life with my daughter and boyfriend and possibly adding to our family in the semi-near future.

So here I am MFP! I bid good luck to all those who I share this journey with.

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    It's an awesome site to be a part of
    There is a ton of motivating people on here!
    I wish you luck in your journey.
    Steph
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow, we are in a pretty similar place! I am turning 28 in just under 2 weeks and the big three-oh is part of what's motivating me to lose my 60-80 excess pounds. Welcome to MFP - like you I am new here but not to weight loss. So far I have found it to be an amazingly welcoming community, and the software is very helpful and versatile - I love being able to add custom foods or meals. Lots of other sites/apps like this don't do that and it can be SO frustrating.

Anyhow, welcome and GOOD LUCK! We know you can do it. :)
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i turn 30 this december... you have plenty of time!!
  • telg1980
    telg1980 Posts: 25
    Options
    30 in November....<sigh> :sad:
  • 10whitegoldsilver
    Options
    I'm into my 30"s and totally love it :). I have more respect for myself and having accepted what I look like :)
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    i turn 30 in dec too! still not sure how i feel about it....:noway:
  • Scrappy_Jo
    Options
    Just turned 28 in May....I feel the pressure, too, especially since I want to start trying for kids shortly after turning 30! :happy:

Welcome to MFP. I'm sure you'll love it!
  • sahramel
    sahramel Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm turning 30 next and dreading it. But I want to look the best I've ever looked for it and have an awesome party so I can wear whatever I want and look H.O.T.T lol I've a few months off yet so plenty time. The problem is, once I've lost it, I need to keep it off!

Good luck
  • debsarooni
    Options
    Im 30 in October and having a party. So I have to get some weight off as people who won't have seen me for a while will be there. I got back on the weightloss wagon last week and have 3 months. I really want to drop a couple of dress sizes. Good luck.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Turned 28 in May, 30 is right around the corner! I have spent my 20s being obese and refuse to let it follow me into my 30s. I joined this site last week and it has been the best site I have ever found. When you see how many calories you burn with each exercise it motivates you to exercise more. My favorite part is that you do not have to deny yourself of anything at all. You have you daily calorie limit that is updated with everything you eat and every calorie burned, so if you can make it fit into the calories, go for it. Does anyone know if you are supposed to eat the calories you burn? MFP automatically adds them back to your remaining daily calories, some days I have eaten them while other I have not but I am quite confused by it.
  • sahramel
    sahramel Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm dreading having to say the words 'I'm thirty' lol But dreading saying it and looking unhealthy too. I look younger, so would be nice to be a hot 30 year old instead.
  • MC_Bos
    MC_Bos Posts: 4
    Options
    Life starts at 30! I am convinced of that...it’s like 20s but you’re sexier, smarter, and not worried about competing with teenagers!