25 and trying to live/new here

Options
Hi, my name is Jess. I am 25 years old and have been overweight my whole life. I can't ever remember being skinny at one point in my life. I have made bad choices, let the negativity in life poison me, and blame others for my failure and unhappiness with myself. I learn now at 25 after overcoming a huge life change that we only live once, and we should make the best of it. I know that my weight is impacting me, in more ways than anyone can imagine, it's not just a size or a number on the scale, it's the ability to run, be myself, do what everyone else is doing and not be so ashamed. For once I wish people would see me as Me and not as the "fat girl" or just judge me for my size instead of my personality. I have tried so many times before to loose weight but always for the wrong reasons. It's time to dust off my elliptical, my diet books,and all the instruments I have available to loose weight. It's time to start being ME.

Replies

• kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    welcome and you shouldnt have a problem as long as u stick to what MFP says and have motivational friends. :) I have tried many other programs including weight watchers and nothing helped me lose weight like MFP mostly because of the community
  • Jessika1987
    Options
    Kliermann, Thank you :) I'm really excited about that part of MFP and of course the tracker it's very motivational.
  • hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You will do great on here the support system rocks! I sent you a friend request it seems like we are in a similar boat
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You sound like me about a year ago.. best of luck to you! Try to stay in the same mindset!
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    hey! you can add me if you'd like! I need new active friends.
  • Elly115
    Elly115 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You totally sound like me! hah I would blame others for my failed attempts at weight loss when in actually i'm the only one who's going to take my *kitten* to the gym! or go for a walk/run after a long day work! Just got to realize you are the only one that can make the change you want to see in yourself, thats what pushes me at least. I'm new to counting calories on my own too so this should be interesting. Good luck on your weight loss goals! Were all in this together :)
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    No problem the suppor here helps so much feel free to add me if you want
    Kliermann, Thank you :) I'm really excited about that part of MFP and of course the tracker it's very motivational.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me, too, if you want. I am going to be active on her over the next few months at least. I'm pumping up my workouts to 6x a week because I'm in my sisters wedding in June. So I will be very focused, and present on here. I lost 20 lb in the last few months, but I have to bump it up because I stopped losing.
  • ascolli12
    Options
    Good luck im in the same boat you are im on a mission to get healthy as well best of luck!
  • beacrys
    beacrys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am new here and I am relatively new to carrying extra weight, only a few years. My mom struggled her whole life with her weight and though I have always been supportive and encouraging, it's only now that I really understand some of what she felt. The shame and sadness and loneliness and disappointment in oneself. Tough feelings to carry. As heavy as the weight. One of the things that I am doing that seems to be working for me, is identifying the feeling that is underneath my craving. When I get hungry and I know I am not I ask myself what am I feeling or not feeling right now? Then I sit with that for a bit and then I move my body. ( in the opposite direction of the kitchen ;)

So good to see someone your age with such insight into herself and with the desire to get it done. You rock!