Does this count as a NSV?

Options
creech6317
creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
So my daughter just returned from visiting family that I haven't seen in a year or two. She was showing them pictures of me (pretty much showing off how much weight I have lost), when one of my aunts asked her if I was on drugs. :noway: :grumble:
Really?! They don't think I could do this a healthy way? It isn't as though I have lost a ton of weight, 35 pounds in a year seems like a nice slow and steady loss to me.

Is it just me? Should I feel mad that they would think that (because it does tick me off a tad), or am I just being to touchy? Because I am proud of what I have done this last year, and I can't wait to see what I do this year.

And just to clarify, my daughter set her straight on how I lost the weight. :happy:

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    People always ask me if I'm making myself vomit. I never in my life expected that question, and when I first heard it I was like WHAT?? Like people can't believe that I could have the motivation to do this the right way. But screw 'em, I know what I've done!!! :)
  • LandonRand
    LandonRand Posts: 166
    Options
    Just take it in stride. Any compliment is better than no compliment! ;)
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    @creech - In my experience, family can be the worst supporters for your diet...

Here are a few things that I have heard from my family:
    1. You are getting too skinny, men shouldn't be so thin.
    2. Do you have cancer?
    3. Why don't you eat some more?
    4. You don't eat enough meat.
    5. You look better before....