I must be doing smth wrong. Need support!

Options
Hey guys!

I'm here at MFP since Nov and I managed to loose only around 1,5kg (~3lbs)
I eat what mfp says (mostly around 100kcal more) and I try to exercise at least 4 times a week and I never get below 62kg (~138lbs).

Usually I do the Jillian Michaels dvds and do them short before I go sleep (getting up really early for work). Lately I heard you burn calories after 45min of work out and JM's workouts are not longer than 45min - is this the issue? Or my body is just so used to my weight it just won't go below those 62kg?
And yes, I do tape measuring as well and it's 1cm up or down.

And it's like that since January...

Where's the issue? What am I doing wrong?
Honestly after each weight-in I loose my motivation to work on myself :(

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You may need to workout harder and do more intensity. Also try changing up your workout. If you have been working out hard and really been logging your food and not losing anything, then there may be a problem. But it just doesn't sound like you are pushing yourself hard enough.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Up your intensity and possibly up your calories...when I got stuck I found I had to up my calories I was eating too little so my metabolism slowed down...once I upped the calories I also upped my intensity and workouts....worth a try!
  • sunbeat
    sunbeat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advices.

Did some digging on MFP and decided to give the "TDEE - 20%" a try. Tho I must admit it's hard for me to eat more! We''ll see if that gives any results.

When it comes to exercises - hard to push more lol my muscles are still weak, but I can see the changes from where I started to excercise. I do excercise around 5-6 days a week, but must be careful as my knees like to ache when I push too hard.

Anyway, I'm so happy to have MFP. It's such a great motivation. Otherwise I'd probably gave up long time ago!
  • grandmastime
    grandmastime Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do more than one type of workout. For instance I walk to work or ride my bike. Then when I get home I do arobic step for awhile. It is easier on someone who still have weak muscles (my 5 yr old granddaughter does it with me). Then I alternate between lifting light weights and calistenics. One day one and another day the other. And sometimes another walk with my neighbor. I found milder excersizes and more of them a big help.