Ripped in 30 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• thehka
    thehka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of week 1! would love friends to do it with. I upped the weights today and feel it more than ever lol Look forward to seeing everyone's progress :)
  • ZsanettBarna
    Options
    Did my first day today. Much harder than the shred was. Glad I did that one first. I can definitely see getting ripped in 30 if I stick to her routine. Not a single second's gonna be easy but it will be so worth it!.
  • meusey
    meusey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. Thought I was in decent shape but wow. Weights really do make it a serious challenge o.o Love it!
  • smujambo
    smujambo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Started on Saturday and my "hammies" are definitely feeling it. Glad to have this board for motivation, because it's hard getting out of bed every morning to face the challenge!
  • anabelle1993
    Options
    Hey!!
    I started this today.. Well I tried ! I'm going to give it another go shortly. How is anyone doing, did anybody struggle? This is the first work out I have done in 4 years, and my first attempt made me feel ill .. Jeez that's not good.
  • bub290
    bub290 Posts: 5
    Options
    I started this yesterday! Level 1 is ok, have done the 30DS levels before so used to most of her moves. Still sweated buckets!! Def sticking to this one, good luck everyone :). Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other :)
  • mskydecker
    Options
    I started five days ago. Anyone know how many days you are supposed to do it before you move to the next level? I did 5 days on level one and I'm wondering if I should do two more days or move to level two.
  • khayashi80
    khayashi80 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started a week ago Friday (today). So tomorrow I start Level 2. I'm a little nervous. I took one day off this week, will probably do the same for level 2. It is more challenging than the 30DS but totally worth it.
  • mskydecker
    Options
    I miss counted I did it 7 days with two days off in the middle. I am going to start week two tomorrow also. Good luck!
  • bluebuggy1970
    bluebuggy1970 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 4 Level 4, and although it is very, very hard, I find it much more do-able than Level 3. I DREADED doing Level 3 each morning and couldn't wait to be done with it forever. Even by the end, I wasn't able to fully do the duck walks, and I straight-up couldn't do the rock and roll jumping leg lift thingys. I nearly threw out my back trying to get up, so I just substituted chair squats with V-raise from Shred. The jumping lunges were horrifying. All in all, I hated the level, not just because it was hard but because it made me feel so inadequate. Of all the work-outs in 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, it was the only one I couldn't master.

Still love me some Ripped in 30, though! Level 4 rocks!

Thank you for the information. I have hesitated trying level 4 because I struggled so badly with Level 3.. Duck Walks are evil and crow push ups(level 2) are almost just as evil. I have used Jillian 30DS and RI30 consistently since early January and have gone from 41% body fat to 36% and love all her DVD's.

I kind of rotate between the levels I like because for me it isn't a 30 day thing but hopefully a permanent part of my life.
  • mskydecker
    Options
    Since it is not in the data bank how are you logging the exercise? I was putting in high impact aerobics but I'm not sure it is giving me accurate calories burned since the DVD is cardio and strength. Any suggestions?
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info ..I am starting 30DS Monday and just finished the 90 Day Body Revelution today..I am excited to start the 30DS and will get the Ripped in 30 after the 30 DS

these videos will have to be part of my life from now on or I will just gain the inches again

Doing the 90 day Revelution I am down over 20 lbs since January and my inches are down over 10 overall.. I measure Monday for accurate inches lost =) if I get brave I may post my before and after pics
  • sonnybunny100
    sonnybunny100 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 of week 2 yesterday. I did the 30 DS before this so thought it wouldn't be that hard but I sure was wrong! It's the 30DS on crack!
  • mskydecker
    Options
    I agree, I just did day two of week two and there are some moves that I am not sure I'll ever master. That said, I love this DVD, I can feel and see progress even after one week!
  • smujambo
    Options
    Since it is not in the data bank how are you logging the exercise? I was putting in high impact aerobics but I'm not sure it is giving me accurate calories burned since the DVD is cardio and strength. Any suggestions?

You can create your own exercise, just like you can your own foods. I found a site that is helpful if you don't have a heart-rate monitor: http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned?Workout_Programs_Videos&cc=969&page=22
    In the "then find exercise" box I entered jillian michaels and it pulled up a bunch of her workouts. Enter your weight and the amount of time you spend on the workout, and it shows you (roughly) how many calories you're burning.
  • mskydecker
    Options
    How do you create exercise and food on MPF?
  • sonnybunny100
    sonnybunny100 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Day 2 week 2! Didn't take a break or hit my inhaler this time! lol
  • Melanya7
    Melanya7 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm on week 4; I just started yesterday. I am only down two pounds but I am finally dropping some belly inches and zippering almost all of pre-preggo clothes (they don't all look great, but hey, I'm a work in progress :smile: I will post results when I finish
  • smujambo
    Options
    I'm about to start week 3 on Sunday. Any advice? I've heard it's killer; please tell me the cardio isn't all in plank! I had a hard time doing week 2 correctly (crawling situps and crow pushups - REALLY?) and have been a bit disappointed with the results (or lack thereof). Still got sweaty and sore, but not what I was hoping for. So for anyone who's on week 3, any words of advice/encouragement?
    Thanks!!
  • blooming_soul
    blooming_soul Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first day, level one, of Ripped in 30...it is VERY similar to the 30 Day Shred which I did in December 2011. That was the at the very beginning of my weight loss journey and it helped me lose 3lbs and over 6 inches off my body...Now, almost a year and a half later I have lost over 20lbs and the today's workout was do-able without any breaks! I only modified half of the push-ups because I haven't been doing my pushups regularly and theyre freakin hard!!

I like that Ripped in 30 has 4 different workouts in week long increments (but you are only really doing 6 days of each week, what Jillian suggests). So instead of doing the same workout for 10 days straight like the 30-day Shred (BORING), you are only doing the workout for 6 days straight....this is more motivating for me. For example, I am telling myself now "ok, only 5 more days of this level, a day off, and then level 2!"...I get bored of workouts verrrry quickly, I never go to the gym because I find it boring. I am more of a person who likes doing fun activities for my exercise (ie. hiking, swimming, walking, playing sports, mountain climbing, canoeing, etc...).

I was sweating today!! SO AWESOME! I am going to stick to this. It's only half an hour per day! EVERYONE has half an hour they can spare to better themselves! I burned 350 calories in that half an hour!! Woohoo!!! Will post pictures after I have completed the month challenge.

ANYONE ELSE STARTING NOW??? WE CAN MOTIVATE EACHOTHER!! :D GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!! :D