new to myfitness pal

Options
kara2
kara2 Posts: 83 Member
I started a few days ago using myfitnesspal.com to track my food and excercise. I think it is a great website.
I started my new healthy lifestyle back on May 27th and I have lost 9.4 lbs so far. I have been overweight my whole life and have tried every diet under the sun. I was watching "Losing it with Jillian" about a month ago and something she said to one of the women on the show inspired me to get off the couch and start changing my life. I have been doing some form of excercise for about 3 1/2 weeks and I really do feel better.

SW=377.6
CW=368.2

1st goal=be at 340 by my 40th birthday in October

Replies

• cerealqueen
    Options
    Congratulations - keep it up! x
  • tara7909
    tara7909 Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey! I will send you a friend request and maybe we can help encourage each other!
  • Shaysuki26
    Options
    Welcome !!!
  • handstand
    handstand Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!! You can do this!! I have been on this Healthy Lifestyle Journey for 16 months now, and it is AWESOME!!
    Don't expect it to be a "perfect" Journey or without Detours or Road Hazards. But with the help of your Friends, and Tracking your food, you will be amazed at your Progress in a few months.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome, from a fellow "newbie"! I too have been very inspired by "Losing it with Jillian". She does some amazing work and truly cares about helping the people she interacts with. I wish you the best of luck and if you'd like a MFP friend, go ahead and send me a friend request! :) Have a great day!
  • turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal! Congratulations on taking the first steps and already getting great results! I know you'll get to your goal.

Great job!