NSV - Cholesterol

Options
Ok! Yesterday I had my physical and I was able to reach a great success! I know I have done well because I have lost 26 pounds, but, not many people have noticed yet, AND, it is not enough to really get a new size in clothing....yet....getting close though:) So, I really needed some affirmation that the changes I have been making in my eating, and most importantly my exercising are working out. I generally do three days of Zumba for 60 minutes and three days of Strength training for 60 minutes and one day off a week. I have been doing this since the end of January. Last April when I went for my physical to my surprise my cholesterol levels were elevated. This year the work I have done have shown vast improvements!

4/16/2012
Total Cholesterol 241
Triglycerides 165
HDL 53 mg/dl
LDL 156 mg/Dl
Non HDL cholesterol 188 mg/dl
Chol/HDL ration 4.58

Now for the great news:

4/18/2013
Total Cholesterol 159
Triglycerides 90
HDL 48
LDL 93
Non HDL Cholesterol 111 mg/dl
Chol/HDL ratio 3.31

So, even if we hit a plateau for changes on the outside we are making changes on the inside! It is so awesome to know that this can be done through diet and exercise!

Replies

• nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    this is great. Good job.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Your weight loss is great, but look at those cholesterol levels!! Wow! Isn't it amazing how much of a change we can make in ourselves? Keep up the great work!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    sweet! & really, isnt it impressive what you are doign to your body inside?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol? No matter (it's a lie that low cholesterol automatically equals good health and lowered heart disease risk).. but the improvement in your triglycerides; now that IS something to celebrate! :flowerforyou:
  • jen6224
    jen6224 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks so much! I know I was so pleased with the results! I appreciate all the feedback!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My cholesterol is too high also and I'm hoping it will be down a lot next time I have blood work done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!