New to Myfitnesspal

Options
Hello all,

I just signed up and started on Monday, July 12. I'm not new to the weight loss game. I lost over 50lbs between 2004-2005. Maintained it through end of 2007. When my Mother died unexpectedly on Xmas Eve, 1 day after my birthday. It was very tramatic. Long story short, my body and spirit was neglected. I've since renewed my mind and spirit. Now onto the body, whew much more work because I've gained all the weight back.

So far this site has kept me honest about what I put in my body and I want to make sure I move my body. I just hope I can keep the momentum going!

One week at a time!

~Love & Blessings~♥

Replies

• susandersons06
    Options
    So sorry you went through that! God has a plan for all of us & faith moves mountains! I will be praying for you!! The support here lifts me up as well so I know you can do this! I believe in you!

Love & Prayers,

Susie :heart: :heart:
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love this site, very supportive, informative, and fun. Losing a parent around the holidays is so hard; I just lost my father last November, right before Thanksgiving. I'm dreading ever celebrating Thanksgiving again.

Anything I could say feels so empty, and falls short of what I wish I could express. My heart goes out to you. I'm so glad you are making progress in recovering (as best as one can) from this devastating loss. Good luck on your journey.
  • ladyvj
    ladyvj Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Susie,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm looking forward to all the support and being supportive as well. This site is really cool.

Vee.
  • ladyvj
    ladyvj Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello iwannawearatutu (love that),

Thank you for sharing as well. Holiday's are totally different. I pray you have the support and love of family and friends. Let them be your rock and hold you up, blessings to you.

I'm so looking forward to making the best of what this site has to offer with all the information and support to help each person with their own journey to lead healthier lives.

Let me send that same good luck back to you as well. Have a great weekend!

Vee.
  • JennyRev2010
    Options
    Hi, I just joined yesterday. I weighed myself last night to give myself a starting weight knowing that this morning I would weigh at least 2 pounds less so I could give a little kick to my counter, LOL. A teensie form of numerical cheating, but hey, whatever works. I need to lose about 100 pounds. Right now it seems like a monumental task, but I know I can get there. I would really love some support from people on this site who are going through the same process as I.
  • sherri79eaton
    sherri79eaton Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, just started yesterday! I love the site and the simplicity of it! I tried sparkpeople, but its a bit complicated for my liking! anyway! I am looking forward to starting this journey, I have 109 lbs to loose, Lots of work, but Im determined!