Insanity

Options
I believe that I am going to start this today. I've got my diet going and have been doing lightweight exercises. Now it's time for the tough stuff. Anyone want to join?

Replies

• Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2:) It was hard hard work, but boy did I feel brilliant when I finished it. Gonna be sore tomorrow, but hopefully not too sore. Thinking about getting some of the recovery drink in to see if it actually helps.

Good luck:)
  • sar24
    sar24 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of Insanity and I love it. Let me know if you have any questions about it
  • litlrun
    litlrun Posts: 2
    Options
    Got REALLY bored by the last week. Pretty good workout but get just as good results doing a good lift/cardio routine.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Got REALLY bored by the last week. Pretty good workout but get just as good results doing a good lift/cardio routine.

Less injury prone, too.
  • kayla_892
    kayla_892 Posts: 30
    Options
    Well the Only reason I'm doing a video is because I have no time for the gym. I get home at 6 and have a toddler.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Well the Only reason I'm doing a video is because I have no time for the gym. I get home at 6 and have a toddler.

For the price of that DVD set there are home tools you could have bought that will do way better for you in the long run. Suspension trainer + jump rope for instance.
  • kayla_892
    Options
    I am not purchasing, I am doing on YouTube. Thanks for the input, I could see myself buying that kind of stuff in the near future
  • kayla_892
    Options
    And I do jump rope :) one of my fave cardio things. Running isn't a first choice for me.
  • saragregg
    saragregg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in week seven. I had to do a week off because I had final exams. Just starting back up again. So sad my endurance has gone down. But so excited to be able to work out again. I missed it so much. Add me for support. Insanity is awesome..
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I am not purchasing, I am doing on YouTube. Thanks for the input, I could see myself buying that kind of stuff in the near future

The only Insanity workout on Youtube is Cardio Abs (which you do once a week during the program). To get the entire program you have to purchase or pirate it. Jumping rope is AMAZING! Best form of cardio IMO =)
  • sar24
    sar24 Posts: 20
    Options
    There is a workout or system for everybody, just gotta find out what you like and works best for you. I understand the time, we have 4 kids so working out at home is easier. Then using a workouts that give you a good workout in the time you have help also.
  • kayla_892
    Options

The only Insanity workout on Youtube is Cardio Abs (which you do once a week during the program). To get the entire program you have to purchase or pirate it. Jumping rope is AMAZING! Best form of cardio IMO =)

Really? I saw more than that! But I haven't quite decided on what I am doing yet. I'm sure I will know what works for me when I find it.
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Really? I saw more than that! But I haven't quite decided on what I am doing yet. I'm sure I will know what works for me when I find it.

Most of what's on youtube are segments of the workouts, not the full workouts. =)
  • kayla_892
    Options
    I think I'm jus going to stick to my hand weights and jumping for now and burpees for now. Can't really afford to get workout sets right now. Thanks everyone for your inputs!
  • jdatillo
    jdatillo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been using these insanity worksouts on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrD9WYHZrKuUbq0Izi1zO3w?feature=csp-in-feed
  • xgrivera
    xgrivera Posts: 4
    Options
    I have done a few of team beachbody's workouts. Insanity is my favorite. I enjoyed asylum but the fact that you only use body weight with insanity is what really appealed to me. I am currently doint Tapout XT. It's ok....but IMO, team beachbody's les mils body combat is better. I'm thinking of doing rushfit next. I have a question if you don't mind. How do you log the insanity workout in MFP?
  • kayla_892
    Options
    I would log it as circuit training for however long the video is
  • xgrivera
    xgrivera Posts: 4
    Options
    Awesome....thanks