100lbs or more to loose

Options
Hello,
Anyone else out there that have to loose a significant amount of weight? I'm looking for any support and suggestions. I currently need to loose 150lbs : / I have a long road ahead of me.

Replies

• 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best on your new journey/new way of life. I too have been over weight all my life just not as big as what I got to or where I am right now. I have about 90 pounds to loose yet and I've already lost 56 pounds. I welcome being friends and will be there to encourage you through this life changing event.
  • AllThatWeightlossJazz
    Options
    I have to lose 175 lbs *sigh* That sounds like a lot.

I am walking and tracking my food.

Good luck!
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I have lost 64 of the 123 that I need to lose! Just keep plugging away. It won't happen over night, but it will happen!
  • AnnInTexas
    AnnInTexas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with all of you!

I took my first steps toward this lofty goal about two years ago. I started out at 277. I'm now down to 226. Sometimes it seems like such a huge effort and it's so easy to lapse back in to those bad habits.

I had to reset this year and decided to wipe out my old data in MFP and just start it all over. I think that's just the best you can do.

I've also quit looking at the big picture goal of 100+ pounds. Now I set smaller goals. I had one to get under 230. Now I'm looking at trying to get into the 2-teens. I'm sure then I will start looking at that 200 mark. I have found the smaller goals help me stay motivated and don't seem so daunting.

Feel free to friend me if you want. I've kind of gotten off track as of late, but I'm desperately trying to get back on!

Ann
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with all of you!

I took my first steps toward this lofty goal about two years ago. I started out at 277. I'm now down to 226. Sometimes it seems like such a huge effort and it's so easy to lapse back in to those bad habits.

I had to reset this year and decided to wipe out my old data in MFP and just start it all over. I think that's just the best you can do.

I've also quit looking at the big picture goal of 100+ pounds. Now I set smaller goals. I had one to get under 230. Now I'm looking at trying to get into the 2-teens. I'm sure then I will start looking at that 200 mark. I have found the smaller goals help me stay motivated and don't seem so daunting.

Feel free to friend me if you want. I've kind of gotten off track as of late, but I'm desperately trying to get back on!

Ann

This! Set SMALL goals for yourself. The big picture is pretty daunting so set smaller, easy goals to achieve. You might even consider making them not weight related such as "I will track every bite I take for this week" or "I will exercise 20 minutes a day for four days this week." Make them good habits and easy to achieve and the more goals you hit, the more confidence and momentum you will gain. Also don't set weight loss goals that are time related (i.e. 10 pounds in 3 weeks). Weight loss is not linear, it jumps around and goes in fits and starts, so it is too hard to hit these goals and not hitting them may derail your efforts. Make sure your goals are within your power to achieve.

Have patience and be kind to yourself.
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    Let health be your goal, not weight loss. This will keep you doing the right thing even if you don't see dramatic drops in weight. So set your first goal to be something like eating right for 2 weeks and walking 5 days a week for 2 weeks. This type of a goal has nothing to do with weight or inches, but just living right. Keep challenging yourself for another 2 weeks and each time add something that makes it a bit tougher. You absolutely will see loss in weight and inches if you keep that up for a couple months, but even if you didn't see a drop as much as you would have hoped, you still would have gained improved health.
  • kk41890
    kk41890 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have literally 100 lbs to lose! I've been on and off WW for years and it just isn't working!

Hopefully MFP works for me!

I am working on smaller goals that will hopefully add up to my ultimate goal! Right now my goal is 40 lbs by November for an out of town family wedding!

Good luck and stay strong everyone!
  • Rae123456
    Rae123456 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know how you're feeling! About two years ago I had 145 lbs to lose. I started MFP and lost 55 lbs in six months, but it was really hard work. I ended up injuring myself by doing too much, too fast and I fell off the proverbial wagon. I've since gained 35 of those pounds back.

I'm starting my journey again with 125 lbs to lose this time and I'm going to make sure I am listening to my body. This can be a long and slow process but I believe it will be worth it in the end!!

Feel free to friend me!
  • betho217
    betho217 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    We have a forum for that!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/702-100-lbs-to-lose

You and everyone else is more than welcome to join!!
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have alot to lose myself. At least 120 from the start, possibly more but I'm playing it by ear just depending on how my body feels. 14 pounds down! It can be done if you stick to it. I know you can!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for at least 100+ lbs. lost. Shooting for a goal weight of 175. If I can get there, I know I can get to 140!
  • Jessika1987
    Options
    Thank you. I wish you the best of luck :) I know I didn't get this big over night so I have to keep in mind that I am not going to loose it over night :/ patience is key.
  • Jessika1987
    Options
    Thank you for the Link :) I'll make sure to use that. I didn't pay attention before i posted >"<
  • foundlife
    foundlife Posts: 3
    Options
    HELLO EVERYBODY .....

WOW , Its nice to know I have somewhere to go & know IM NOT ALONE !!!
    I started my journey 74 days ago when I stopped smoking after 30 years .....thats when I realized I can do anything I set my mind to I woke up one day & decided I know longer was comfortable in my own skin. I got up & emptied out my ENTIRE kitchen , every cabniet , fridge and freezer...GAVE EVERYTHING AWAY and went to Fresh & Easy and bought all brand new FRESH food. I was eating fast food atleast 2xs a day, everything fried , starbucks daily, soda. junk...junk & more junk ....I could go on but you get the point. Ive stuck to eating this new way and Ive lost almost 17lbs. So, 3 days I went and bought a gym membership and a personal trainer. So, for the past 2 days Ive worked out more then I can ever remember . OMG......TALK ABOUT BEING SORE !!!!
    ****IM LOVING THE RESULTS *******