Water

Options
How do you guys get all the water in that is recommended? The most water that I ever drink is usually just at the gym and other then that I dont touch the stuff. I hate it, i hate the way it taste, I hate the way I feel all bloated when I drink a lot of it and I hate that im running to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

BUT! my weight loss has stalled this week and so I told myself I will be trying to drink the water that I need to. Im at about 48oz and I feel like if I drink another sip I will throw up! How do I get use to drinking water all day.. any advice?!

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You will probably get lots of reccs for adding Crystal light, fruit, etc to your water. My biggest success with this is that every time I drink water at work (we have a water cooler), I make myself drink a glass at the water cooler before I go back to my desk. Then I fill it up again and drink that water at my desk. So I am getting 2 for 1. I also hate the bloated feeling and peeing all the time, but I guess they are necessary evils.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I just drink on it all day long. The more you drink it the more you want it. Some people put lemon in it to help the taste or put mixes like Special K water in it.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    have you tried it in different forms? extra cold? room temperature? bottled? with crystal light packets? unsweetened tea? there are a lot of variations of water-drinking that might helo.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    You will probably get lots of reccs for adding Crystal light, fruit, etc to your water. My biggest success with this is that every time I drink water at work (we have a water cooler), I make myself drink a glass at the water cooler before I go back to my desk. Then I fill it up again and drink that water at my desk. So I am getting 2 for 1. I also hate the bloated feeling and peeing all the time, but I guess they are necessary evils.

Maybe if I replace 16oz with crystal light it will help, thats all I can handle before I feel that my teeth are going to fall off! Thanks :-)
  • FS45
    FS45 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Bellanean, I feel the same way that you do about water! What I like to do is flavor it with packs of Crystal Light...they only have 5 calories in each (way easy to burn off) and they come in so many varieties of flavors you will never grow bored of water again! Also when I was in college throwing our coach made us drink a gallon at practice every day. I started putting lemon in my jug or lime wedges...sometimes for fun me and my teammates would put in jolly ranchers! LOL

Good luck on your weight loss!
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    have you tried it in different forms? extra cold? room temperature? bottled? with crystal light packets? unsweetened tea? there are a lot of variations of water-drinking that might helo.

Yes my water has to be cold, with ice! And I can only handle one or two crystal light packets and unsweet tea is gross and I have to add splenda.

Ill try mixing it all up and seeing if it gets anybetter.
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Try squeezing a touch of lemon juice into the water, gives it a nicer taste I think, just don't put too much in or it might be a bit bitter haha.
    I know exactly where you're coming from with the bloated and the running to the loo every half hour, I like to drink a lot at once so I put up with feeling sick (also helps me not to be hungry if I feel too full from water) but I reckon if you were to sip the water slowly over a long period of time it wouldn't be so bad perhaps?

Hope this helps :smile:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I drink about 12 glasses a day! I crave water now :laugh: funny cuz I never thought i would say that. Start slow and work your way up to as many glasses as you can get. You will feel better in the long run I promise! Your body is made of mostly water, and it needs it to function at it best!
    try adding lemon or strawberries to it to change the taste and slowly work towards plain ole water!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Having a water cooler at home changes everything for my and my husband. I hate the taste of tap water refrigerated in the fridge. With the cooler, I never go long without refilling my bottle which I carry with me everywhere.

I also drink about 2 x 20 oz a day of flavored water (Crystal Light, Nestea, etc.), it helps !
  • jnsangel33
    jnsangel33 Posts: 49
    Options
    One thing that I like to do is add lemon to my water with stevia or splenda. It's a homemade refreshing lemonade that is yummy, gives you your water and BOOSTS YOUR METABOLISM!!! :) Good luck!!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    when i first switched from soda to water, i used the crystal light packets also, but as I wanted to start drinking plain water, i doubled the amount of water per crystal light packet. A normal packet should go in 16 oz of water, and I was putting it into 32 oz of water to wean myself off them. I started getting horrible headaches when I drank too many of them.
  • a420dreams
    Options
    I use a quart water bottle (several actually). I drink one over about an hour. I can be easily done with meals to get three quarts. Snack time...another quart. Basically, get your quart bottle and drink it every time you eat. Don't force it. You don't have to finish the quart by the time you finish eating. Getting your body used to consuming a lot of water takes time. As for running to the bathroom, that lessens over time. Bloating comes from drinking too fast. Again, don't force it. But keep the bottle always in sight. You don't want to forget that you need to finish that quart. Water consumption has to be worked at just like anything else. And, in time, as you reach the gallon mark, you body will actually start craving water. This is how I got used to drinking a gallon a day. And now I'm up to 6-7 quarts a day. I hope this helps.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Drink it will all your meals. I also chew cinnamon flavored gum contantly and it makes me drink more water.
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    I was not much of a water drinker either. At first I put a few squirts of lime or lemon juice in to give it some flavor when I first started increasing my water intake. Now I crave it and always have a water bottle of some sort with me.
    I get up in the morning and drink 2 cups, even before drinking my morning cup of coffee!
    I drink throughout the day and with meals, so I usually get a minmum of 10-12 cups of water in every day (sometimes more)! I noticed that once my body got used to drinking that much water, the frequent trips to the bathroom seemed to decrease somewhat.

Just keep trying and hopefully you will start to like it. It does make a difference in your weight loss! I prefer mine room temperture. If it's too cold it makes my tummy hurt a little, especially at the gym.

879845.png