Visalus?? yes or no???

Options
sakassab
sakassab Posts: 34 Member
I jumped the gun and bought a ton of this Visalus nutrition shake stuff.... I honestly don't know if its just me or if it just doesn't work...

I'm looking for opinions, suggestions, or ideas on what to do!!

has anyone had any noticable results from these shakes??? let me know! :)

Thanks all! :heart:

Replies

• OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat real food?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat real food?

Because Visalus is the latest "magic bullet" :wink:
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Go natural I say. :wink:
  • MonDeee
    MonDeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Visalus is pure crap as far as quality protein is concerned. I literally felt sick when I tried it for a month and sent the rest back. Its main ingredients are cheap soy protein and some rice protein.
    You can get good quality whey for much less and its much tastier imho.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money and not condusive to real, long term weight loss. Ignore the gimmicks, ignore the 'tools'. Weight loss is as simple as less in, more out.
  • sakassab
    Options
    that's how I feel about it too!

I bought one set of the stuff and they put it on automatic ordering so now I've got 3 1/2 bags of the crap!

I didn't like the way it tasted and it doesn't work... just wanted to make sure it wasn't me.. lol
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    waste of money-
    diet and exercise, count calories are the answer to weight loss
  • sakassab
    Options
    yeah, I figured that out the hard way lol.. now I just have it sitting in my kitchen staring at me!

I've started just precooking my weekly meals.. makes it so much easier to just grab something to pack for lunches and fast dinners! :)
  • raiderzara
    raiderzara Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You might be able to sell your unopened bags on Craigslist. I made some money on unused Medifast "food" once upon a time when I decided I didn't want to do that crud any more.
  • smadarieta
    Options
    Interesting comments, I use it every morning, love it, I have lost 17lbs. It is great for all you non breakfast, in a hurry, I can make it at work people. real food is always best, but it is better than nothing
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Someone brought home 2 box's of the vitamins that they sell.. those honestly didn't look too awful.. BUT I have specific vitamins that I take daily and prefer those, they aren't nearly as expensive. My sister does the shakes.. I say sell 'em.. Don't waste the money.
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My wife lost right at 50 lbs and I lost about 20 last year using Visalus in the morning. Obviously the rest of your day is vitally important. Everyone is different.

It does work for some, it certainly worked for us, but the results are not sustainable without living a fit lifestyle. It doesn't work for everyone. You may be one of those folks!

All in all, there is no healthier way to live than on a natural diet....real food. Don't try to take any short cuts. Be militant in the kitchen and kill it in the gym. It takes time......

Good Luck!
  • sakassab
    Options
    Thats a great idea!! I was so mad when they did that and then were going to charge me $15 to return it. I was like I NEVER signed up to have this automatically sent!
  • tracywaz
    tracywaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Everyone I knows who sells it is so aggressive that for me it's a turn off. They also seem to quit selling after about 2 months.
    I don't eat artificial sweeteners and I called out one of the distributors when she told me it was all natural.
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thats a great idea!! I was so mad when they did that and then were going to charge me $15 to return it. I was like I NEVER signed up to have this automatically sent!

When we used it last year we bought it from a couple of people that were in your same situation. lol! Did them no good, so we bought it a little cheaper!
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ICancel your autoship and sell what you have (unopened) on ebay if they won't refund your money. My grandma signed up for it to try to help my aunt lose weight (didn't work, surprise surprise) so I sold the unopened bags on ebay for her to recoup a bit of the money for her
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    For fun, I'd unbag it all and sell it as Shakeology. No refunds. That way you can make a profit.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I bought it and didn't like it that much. Seriously who wants to drink a shake for lunch? not me, they are ok for breakfast. BUT, I also, have 2 unopened bags and a half full bag and have been using it in the "no bake energy balls" or "no bake protein balls" and they are delicious and now I don't feel guilty for not using it.
  • sakassab
    Options
    I like your way of thinking! What is your recipe?? I'll try those! :)