Question for polar HRM users.

Options
I posted this earlier, but it got lost in the shuffle, so thought I'd try it again. I have polar FT7, love it. But lately when I first start to workout it flashes "limit found" and then continues to work as usual. Have you seen this? What does it mean? I've had it since Christmas and have used it almost every day since. Do I need to delete some training files or something? Just wondered if this was familiar to my fellow pals since a lot of us use the Polars!

Replies

• MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    BUMP I HAVE A POLAR BUT HAVNT SEEN THAT YET MINES FAIRLY NEW THO
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I also have the FT7 and actually noticed that mine said that same thing the other day for the frst time. It didnt effect anything though, so I actually just ignored it and forgot until I read this. I'm going to look in my user manual and see if I can find anything.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Could it be telling you that you've hit the lower limit of your cardio range, and are entering the 'working' part of your workout? I know my Polar has upper and lower limits.
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    perhaps a heart rate% limit, max or minimum. What were you doing, working very hard or not?
  • Rickh123456
    Rickh123456 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My Polar FT40 does the same thing lately. As indicated by another poster, it does not seem to have an effect on performance.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It does it during warm up, before the hard part. Can't find my manual and didn't find anything on the website.this just started in the last week or so.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    If I am not mistaken it is the limit it sets for when you switch from "fat Burning" to "fitness burning". Below that number you are in the fat burning zone, above the fitness zone. It doesn't really effect anything unless you are interested in that.
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i just noticed mine doing that recently too! weird...
  • angy67
    angy67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi: This is not exactly on the topic running but I have been experiencing chafing. I was wondering if I can put a bit of skin protection tape under the chest area that chafes? Any and all suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,
  • rolandvarriale
    Options
    If I am not mistaken it is the limit it sets for when you switch from "fat Burning" to "fitness burning". Below that number you are in the fat burning zone, above the fitness zone. It doesn't really effect anything unless you are interested in that.

^^ I believe this is correct. Shouldn't affect your overall numbers except for the summary of time in each zone. I believe you can reset this by holding the bottom right button after starting a workout.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Mine (ft40) is only new so haven't figured out all the features yet but I saw it too yesterday.

Do you mind me jumping in with another question - it keeps changing my Max heart rate to 165 (female, 37yo), I've tried putting the Max manual as higher (220-age) but it seems it brings it back down. Any ideas? Have been meaning to check the polar website
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump
    Anybody any experience with the resetting max?